If you having a horrible time trying to fall asleep, or maybe you have insomnia, I’m gong to share with some things that can help you fall asleep easier.
1) One of my favorite options is taking a nice warm bath before going to bed. Try adding some lavender scented aroma therapy oils into the bath. After you come out, you’ll feel instantly relaxed and you’ll want to fall asleep a lot faster. Now I like to do this if I can’t fall asleep. It’s really relaxing. It’s kind of nice to unwind after a long day. If you’re not feeling like taking 30 minutes out of your day to go exercise or you know doing all these other things that maybe helping, you might want to try doing a bath. It’s super easy, it’s really relaxing, and you’ll probably fall asleep as soon as you get out of the bathtub.
2) Make sure that you do some sort of physical activity or cardio for at least 30 minutes per day. Now you don’t want to do it right before you go to bed because that can actually make it harder for you to sleep at night. So try doing it in the morning, or maybe before work, or after work, to make sure that you do get your cardio in and you do get some good physical activity during the day. That could really help you fall asleep a lot easier and faster.
3) One of the most important tips I can give you is making sure that your room is really dark and almost black before you go to bed. Invest in a blackout blind, which is something you put on top of the blind that you have over your window. This really helps you sleep later, and it gives you a more restful sleep because it’s going to be dark and it’s going to be a lot more easier for you to sleep without having the light coming in and possibly waking you up. So invest in a blackout blind and make sure that your room is really dark before you go to bed.
4) One of my all time favorite ways to get to sleep when everything else kind of isn’t working is drinking an organic herbal tea designed specifically as a sleep aid. Any night that I can’t sleep I’ll try and do physical exercise and I’ll try to make sure my room is really dark. But sometimes I still can’t sleep. Maybe my mind is just all over the place and I can’t stop thinking about something. I will take a tea bag and I will put it in some water, but just a cup. Drink it before bed and you will fall asleep so fast. I would much rather take the organic herbal tea instead of taking sleeping pills or melatonin. I just think it’s more natural and it’s organic. It’s a healthier alternative if you want to sleep faster. So definitely try that out if you’re having trouble sleeping.
5) This next idea is kind of funny, but it totally works for me. It’s reading a book, magazine or something that you’re not really interested in, something that you might find a little bit boring. So maybe a math book, or a history book, or something that doesn’t really intrigue you. Read that for 30 minutes before you go to bed and you’ll sleep instantly. This works for me all the time. I’ll start reading a book that I don’t really find all that interesting and I fall asleep right away. So try that if you’re having trouble falling asleep.
6) Some other minor things to avoid are, texting on your smartphone until the early hours of the morning, worrying about things you want to do tomorrow the night before, and eating sugary things before bed. Don’t drink coffee, but if you must, stick to decaf.