Is your computer slow and sluggish? Does it take a long time for things to load on your desktop? You don’t need to sit and wait for eternity to pass by. You can take steps to help improve your computer’s performance. This guide will illustrate ten basic steps you can use to help defragment your computer’s hard drive.
Defragmentation helps your computer run faster. As time progresses your computer becomes fragmented; this is caused by changing, saving or deleting files. When you first bought your computer all your files were all close together on the hard drive. After awhile your hard drive’s bytes separate and become fragmented -all over your computer. As this happens your computer gets slower as it has to search for all the fragmented bytes.
By defragging your computer you get to pull all the fragmented bytes together into one nice organized batch. Once this has been achieved your computer no longer has to search for scattered bytes, as the bytes are all close together. By doing this your computer will run much faster than it did when it became fragmented. So you will see that defragging your computer is essential to your computer’s health. It is something that you must do on a weekly basis so that your computer will always run at a good pace.
Ten Steps to Defragment Your Computer
The 10 steps to defragment are:
- 1. Click the start button window.
- 2. Go to the right column.
- 3. Click the Control Panel.
- 4. Go to System and Security.
- 5. Click System and Security.
- 6. Go to Administrative Tools
- 7. Click Defragment your hard drive.
- 8. Now you will see the Disk Defragmenter window
- 9. Click on Analyze Disk on the lower two buttons. If it recommends fragmentation proceed to step 10.
- 10. Click Defragment Disk on the lower right button.