Statement necklaces are coming up everywhere! But finding the perfect one can be discouraging. While JCrew is known for their bold statement necklaces, most of us are unwilling to pay $100 for a piece of costume jewelry. The key is to look in the right places.
Here is a list of my favorite places to buy statement necklaces:
1. Baublebar – Great selection, great quality, and great prices! Stunning, stunning, stunning! Everything from Baublebar is absolutely jaw dropping. This is probably one of the more pricer sites I list, however, they have a huge variety and you can find some really great prices for as low as $15-20
2. H&M – Not as much variety as Baublebar, but some really great pieces at low prices. The two necklaces I have from H&M I am absolutely obsessed with!
3. Forever 21 – Great prices, low as $5 for a beautiful statement necklace. But with such a low price, the quality is somewhat cheap. I’ve had a few necklaces break on me, which I was able to fix, but still. I’ve also found some really great steals, that have lasted me a while and have received hundreds of compliments. So many options too, you’re sure to find something you like!
4. Francesca’s – Francesca’s is known for their beautiful and bold chunky jewelry. They’ve got a great selection at fair prices. Some of their pieces are a little overdone, but with enough looking, you can find some really amazing statement necklaces.
Okay, so you’ve finally found a statement necklace you love. But you don’t know how to wear it. Women love the way statement necklaces look; they add a little pop of color, and can make any old plain outfit look amazing. But many feel that they can’t wear a statement necklace. Statement necklaces are bold, but can be worn effortlessly if done properly.
As an owner of practically ten different statement necklaces, I have experimented with these accessories in every way possible. While you can really wear a statement necklace any way possible, here are five easy ways to wear a statement necklace.
1. Collar shirt. This is probably my favorite look, hands down. It’s a great way to spice up any outfit, and can be worn out casually or even to work. Buttoning your favorite collared shirt, hook the necklace around your neck so it rests under the collar. Pull the collar down over the necklace, and voila! A little peek of fabulous without seeming too aggressive or bold.
Spice it up: Pull a sweater over your collared shirt, then put the necklace on. It’s an easy way to look way fashion forward.
2. Dress. Pretty simple, but throwing on a statement necklace with a basic dress will make your dress look like a million bucks. I love adding a statement necklace to my little black dress; gives it a whole new look. Any dress works, and any necklace will work. Adjust the necklace so it hangs where you want in regards to the neckline cut of your dress!
3. Turtleneck. I love my turtlenecks, they’re great for those chilly days where I just wanna curl up. But sometimes, I don’t like the way I look in turtlenecks because I feel so plain and covered up. Adding a statement necklace to a turtleneck is a great and chic way to look good and feel good!
4. Blazer. Similar to the collar shirt look, I love wearing a statement necklace with a blazer. When I go out or have a business casual affair, I love wearing a dressy blouse (collarless) with a blazer and a statement necklace. It’s an easy way to look fashion forward, especially when it comes to cookie-cutter business outfits.