Being a magic tricks performer is a great hobby but could evolve into a full time occupation. Magic shows/events are always high in demand and being a magician is truly exciting due to the nature of the illusions which are used to capture the audience. As a magician you will receive honor and respect if you perform the tricks well and if you have your own unique style. Let’s see the basic requirements/steps to emerge into a true magician.
I have discussed with a dozen of magicians, mentalists, performers. They all agree that the first rule you need to know as a magician is not to brake the “Magician’s Code” unless there’s a serious reason to do so. The “Magician’s Code” tells us that being a true magician is a big responsibility. It requires a lot of practice, dedication, and respect for the art of magic.
If I wanted to sum up the requirements to become a magician (according to the “Code”), I would end up with the following sentences:
- A true magician practices a lot before performing his/her magic tricks. A true magician first “conquers” the magic trick and then he/she performs it.
- A true magician never exposes his/her trick secrets unless there’s a serious reason to do so. He/she is extremely careful with handling/sharing secret information with non-magicians.
- A true magician never repeats the same illusion twice (for the same audience). If there’s demand to perform the same trick twice then you must have a different method/strategy.
Diving a little deeper
As you can see the requirements are common knowledge. Follow the rules above and you can start calling yourself a magician. Of course there’s a lot more to becoming a respectful magician. After you understand the philosophy behind magic and you start developing your own magic tricks (illusions), you will also need the following:
- The right refined equipment for every one of your tricks. Are you a card magician? Then you will need some card decks and probably your own personal magic deck of cards with which you will magnetize your audience.
- Have your own personal attitude when performing magic tricks. Create your own trick revisions and patterns. That is if you want to differentiate yourself from the rest of the magicians and magic shows out there.
- Familiarize yourself as much as possible with each and every one of your tricks. Performing them in your own unique style requires a lot of practice which is a fundamental factor in order to succeed as a magician.
This mini guide ends here with the hope that you got some insight from it. If you are interested in becoming a true magician then consider the simple guidelines mentioned in this article. If you want more magic in your life, take a look at this free money spell. They have a funny video on the page and the spell is offered in various e-book formats. Have a great day/night.