As you secretly scarf down the leftover cheesecake from Table 8, you may wonder how you are going to shed those unwanted five pounds before next week’s audition. Sure, waiting on tables can be fattening, but you’ve got to look your best by next Tuesday at 10 am. As you wipe the cheesecake from your chin, we’ll share some weight-loss secrets of the acting elite.
- Purging: We do NOT recommend this, but truth be told, some pretty big actresses (no pun intended) do this to lose weight in a hurry. This is dangerous, and frankly, a little sick. You can seriously damage yourself this way, so try something else instead.
- Personal Trainer: This is a good way to raise your metabolism, especially if your trainer is cute. Seriously, a personal trainer can customize your exercise routine to fit your metabolism, body shape and lifestyle. Can’t afford a personal trainer? Buy their tapes – all the best ones sell DVD’s that will get your heart pumping and your body moving.
- Diet: Here’s a nifty little secret that the glitterati like to keep to themselves: hcg. It’s a homeopathic diet aid that ignites your fat-burning and suppresses your appetite. You go on a 500 calorie daily diet without ever feeling hungry. Soon, the body fat supposedly just melts away. We are skeptical, to say the least.
- Nutritionist: The biggest Hollywood names all use nutritionists to tell them what to eat. A good one will tailor a diet to coincide with a client’s food preferences and desired weight goal. Once again, we don’t expect a waitress on minimum wage to hire a fancy nutritionist – but you can go to the library and check out their books for free. Remember, judge a nutritionist by the company he or she keeps. The Hollywood elite has done all the hard work for you – pick your favorite star and then read the book put out by the star’s nutritionist.
- Personal Chef: Oh yes, a personal chef may seem like a wild indulgence. Well, it is, but it’s also a very effective way to lose weight. Now, you wait tables six nights a week at a pretty fancy Kosher Italian restaurant on 47th Street, right? Just make believe the chef works for you instead of the other way around. Get the chef to make you a nice, low-calorie meal every night and you should lose weight, especially if you combine it with diet shakes and weight-loss pills.
- Celebrity Endorsements: We love to see our obese idols lose weight as part of a celebrity endorsement deal for a weight-loss outfit. Make believe you’ve picked up an endorsement deal and try to lose weight as if your endorsement contract depended on it. Which we’re pretty sure it would, in real life.