I first saw mention of honey on a baguette while browsing Pinterest and was surprised I hadn’t thought of it before — I do very much love both of those things, after all. Add a little butter and sea salt and you have a simple and sweet breakfast for two.
- 1/2 of one French baguette
- 1/4 stick of butter
- 1 T honey
- 3/4 – 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees.
- Use a bread knife to slice into baguette from the top, creating equal slices that do not go all the way through the baguette – all slices will be attached on the bottom and pulled apart when served.
- Place a thin pat of butter between each slice. Optional: brush any remaining butter over the top surface of the baguette.
- Place baguette on oven rack and let it toast for five minutes.
- After removing it from the oven, drizzle baguette with honey, sprinkle with sea salt and serve.
When doubled, this makes a great brunch dish. I still cut the baguette in half to toast and serve! It stays warmer longer this way, and two plates help get it distributed a little more quickly so your guests will be certain to get a piece that’s toasty warm.