Jazz up your Easter celebration this year! These crafts are fun, easy-to-do and can be made from everyday household items. You might not even need to make a trip to the craft store.
Easter Bunny Napkins
- Cloth napkins (1 per dinner guest)
- Colored paper
- Scotch tape
- Magic markers
- Fold the napkin in half diagonally (so that it forms one large triangle)
- Roll up the napkin lengthwise from the base of the triangle towards the point.
- Fold rolled napkin in half. Set aside.
You now have the big floppy ears for your bunny napkin. Next you need to create the face! You can create your own original bunny face or use a template. I like this one. Next:
- Decorate your bunny face. Make it as classy or crazy and you’d like!
- Cut a 1″ x 5″ strip of colored paper.
- Tape it together in the shape of a ring and adhere it to the back of your bunny face.
- Slide the bunny face napkin ring halfway up around your folded napkin ears.
Place your napkin bunnies on each table setting and enjoy your adorably decorated dinner table.
Edible Peep-ster Bastkets
- 4 boxes of peeps (15 count of chicks per box)
- Thin piece of cardboard (like from a cereal box)
- Easter grass
- Scotch tape
- Spray adhesive
- Wire lined ribbon (approximately 10″-12″ long)
- Begin by taping the four boxes of peeps together to create the walls of the basket. Overlap the sides to add stability to the basket (refer to photo if necessary).
- Once all four boxes are taped together, place the shape over your piece of cardboard.
- Trace the outside of the peep box onto the cardboard and cut out the shape. You have now created the bottom of your basket (it should be a large square).
- Spray the outer edges of the bottom with adhesive and place peep box on top. Press it in place for 10-15 seconds.
- Center one end of the ribbon on the on the top, inside edge of one of your peep walls. Secure it in place with scotch tape.
- Create an arch and center the other end of your ribbon the the top, inside edge of the opposite peep wall. Voila!
Congratulations, you have just created a structurally sound, edible Easter basket! Fill it with all of your favorite Easter treats. Thanks Jill for sharing this fun idea!
Minion Easter Eggs
- Yellow and blue plastic eggs
- Black sharpie
- Googly eyes
- Mismatch all your eggs so that each egg is half blue, half yellow.
- Draw a ring width-wise across the yellow shell of each egg with your sharpie.
- Use a dot of glue to paste 1-2 googly eyes on the black line you just drew on each egg.
Make your minions come to life by decorating them with drawn on crazy hair, facial expressions and overalls!