Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F is a rhythm game. The U.S. finally gets to enjoy the game series, music, and characters that are celebrities in Japan. The game is not easy. You have to hit buttons on the controller at the right time as they move across the screen.
You’ve played Hatsune Miku. You know it isn’t easy. Well, lucky for you, I’ve got several tips and tricks to help you become a Hatsune Miku expert.
1) Keep your eyes on the stationary symbols. Do not watch the moving symbols, and instead wait for them to come to your eyes.
2) Those clock hands on the stationary symbols tell you when the moving symbol is going to arrive. When it hits 12, hit the button.
3) Learn the beat to every song so well that you can sing it in your sleep. This comes in handy in harder difficulties.
1) You will get triangle and square as well as circle in normal, but never all three at once. When you start a song, and you get a triangle, you’ll know the entire song will only have cirlces and triangles.
2) You’ll get your first doubles in normal songs. That’s when you hit the symbol and directional button at the same time. Up and triangle, right and circle, down and X, left and square.
3) Learn the directional buttons as well as you know the symbol buttons. The best way to do this is play an entire song using the directional buttons the whole time, except when you need to hit doubles. This forces your hand and mind to become comfortable with the directional buttons.
4) Try to use the fleshy part of your thumb. It makes it easier and less tiring to hit several buttons in a row, especially with fast songs.
1) Go back to normal and play the songs using the symbols and directional buttons interchangeably. What I mean is to hit one circle with the circle symbol and the next with the directional button. Back and forth between symbols and directional buttons. You can start with easy to get a feel for it, if you like.
This is very important for hard mode. You will have to press several fast buttons in a row. By switching back and forth between symbols and directional buttons you move faster and put less strain on your fingers.
2) Don’t worry about keeping beat with with the star symbols. You are not penalized for hitting too many buttons with the star symbols. You can twirl the analog or pound the L1 or R1 buttons to your hearts content. As long as you hit the symbols on the screen at the right time, it counts.
That makes you feel better doesn’t it? Those star symbols seem nasty in hard and extreme mode. They are actually very easy.
You’ve made it to extreme mode with the help of my tips? Awesome! There’s not much left to learn. Learn every tip I gave you so well that you do them without thinking. That’s it.
Also, Hatsune Miku is one of those games where you think you suck at it and will never get past a certain song. Stop playing for a couple days. Come back to it and chances are high you’ll get it without trouble.