Who doesn’t want to lose weight for the summer? Everyone desires to look lean and attractive by the time those warm months arrive, but dieting can be boring. And fellas, who says you have to count those calories to lose those unwanted pounds?
Dr. Janet Wahlberg-Rankin of physiology at Virginia Tech has been known to encourage people to eat more fast food, but not the type of fast food you and I are used to. What she’s referring to are foods that will help speed up our metabolism, and especially for men. She also refers to these types of foods as “edible amphetamines,” foods that act like speed for the fat-melting motor known as our metabolism. She guarantees that if men eat these foods, and with only doing a minimal amount of exercise, he could ultimately reach his weight loss goal in no time.
Six fat-burning foods that will help you lose the weight you want:
- Beans – a very high protein and high fiber food that assists the body convert food into energy. A 1/2 cup of beans will give you the same amount of protein as an ounce of meat, but without the saturated fat.
- Peppers – it’s been shown that spicy foods such as jalapenos, cayenne, and habanero peppers can provide a temporary 8% rise in a person’s metabolic rate due to capsacin. Capsacin is a fat burning ingredient designed to help an individual lose weight. Black pepper and ginger have been known to do the same as well. Foods like these are also known to suppress hunger.
- Oats – as a super food is rich in fat soluble fiber which requires a lot of calories to breakdown.
- Green tea – is highly concentrated with a substance known as catechins which are fat-burning properties. Green tea has also been known to suppress hunger.
- Sweet potato – is a high fiber food with lots of vitamins that help boost the metabolism by helping the body get rid of waste while converting the food into energy. Other orange vegetables like carrots and pumpkin, also have the same effect.
- Fish – researchers have found out that the Omega 3 fatty acids found only in fish will dramatically boost the metabolism by about 400 calories per day. The oils in fish increase levels of fat-burning enzymes and decreases the levels of fat storage enzymes in the body.
Speeding up the metabolism is essential to losing unwanted pounds, and a balanced nutritional diet enables a proper breakdown of foods the body will need to maintain a healthy weight.