While friends and family will be together to watch the new grad walk across the stage, why not throw the perfect party to celebrate this grand occasion. Make sure your guests and new grad are pleasantly pleased with your hosting abilities by having a party to remember. Throwing a party in the house or the backyard wouldn’t be complete without these essentials:
Decorations and Props
Using great decorations can make the themed party even more memorable and fun for those in attendance. This is an important part of the whole party. The guests and new grad should feel like they are specifically at a graduation party.
- Graduation caps- Ideally these paper graduation caps can be worn by guests so that everyone serves a prop and can be found at Party City or any party supply store. If you don’t want your guests wearing these caps and serving as props, try these sprinkling graduation cap confetti found in Oriental Trading on the serving tables to set the tone.
- Let’s not forget to focus on the new grad by getting a personable banner to make them the spotlight of the party. Shindigz.com has a variety of banners for cheap that can be customized by size and color while including your new grad’s name and year of graduation. These banners can be kept as a keepsake or dorm room display.
I have determined long ago that a party is not officially a party without food. For this party, let’s find food that is specific to the theme:
- Pinterest is full of ideas for the perfect cake ideas specific to your new grad and event. If you have a lot of guests and don’t like the idea of taking out the time to cut individual cake slices, graduation cupcakes will fulfill those wanting a sweet snack. Marshmallow icing cupcakes with graduation toppers are easy to make with your own touch. For your bake at home cake, you can go all out with a decoration kit by DecoPac,Inc specific to the theme that comes with a graduation cap topper, a tassel and two plastic lay-ons. This will save you tons of money instead of buying less personal store-bought cakes.
- Personalized lollipops or candies with your new grad’s school colors and name can work as great party favors for your guest to remember for years to come. Oriental Trading offers a variety of choices in candies for you to choose.
- A live band! Okay the band doesn’t have to be One Direction or Paramore, but using Gigmaster.com to hire a live band won’t be a bad idea. With a variety of genres to choose from, you are sure to book the right band for your location.
- I don’t know about you, but I love photo booths and having a photo booth at this graduation party will make it a hit. There is nothing better than taking silly pictures with your family and friends to show off on social media or to keep for years to come.
Use these fun and easy ideas to host the best graduation party on the block. Personalize the party for your new grad so they will remember it. Please invite me if you decide to give your guest their own graduation caps and have a photo booth so I can take a graduation “selfie”!