Graduation is a time that is filled with so many emotions. One minute you are happy and excited; the next moment you are proud yet sad. It is often difficult to watch your baby fly out into the world fearless, strong and determined. You wonder when they found their strength, for so long it has been you prompting, instructing, checking and worrying over each and every choice. Yet, today they are the one consoling you, offering words of appreciation and eternal love. The best way to tell them “I love you” and “I am proud of you” is to make one last memorable moment with the gift of friends and family gathering to show their love and support. Throw them the best Graduation Party that is filled with love, encouragement and the offer of a stress-free day. Be prepared, be organized but most of all be relaxed.
- Design: Start your party with a design that represents your graduate. Take into consideration their interests. Hope and dreams. I.e. If they are a music lover throw in some designs that represent that like.
- Music: The use of an iPod and speakers is the most affordable way to provide entertainment. Desired tastes can easily be fulfilled through iTunes. You can purchase individual songs and load them onto the iPod and choose a shuffle mix to allow the songs to come out at various times rather than one style at a time.
- Decorations: There are several places to purchase your decorations. While a bit pricey, I prefer Part City. It is convenient that I am able to just go to one store and not have to run around. Include some of these decorations:
- Congratulations Graduate Banner
- Balloons either in school colors or favorite colors
- Streamers- they can stretch across or dangle (I like the dangle- they add style and flair)
- Lighting: Think about the time of day and location of the party. There are options for party ball lights, string lights that can correlate with your design colors.
- Food Supplies: For the purpose of this article, we will assume that all cooking and preparing will be done by you and on-sight. It is very helpful to have your menu planned out.
- Aluminum Pans and lids in sizes that will accommodate each serving offered.
- Serving Spoons, Forks or tongs- You will need at least one serving tool for each pan.
- Food: Working from your list and known amount of guests, decide how much of each item you will need. Create a list with each item listed. Be sure not to leave out any items such as flour, oil and such that you will need to prepare each item.
- Paper Supplies: Plates, cups, napkins, silverware and Table Cloths. Put these items on your list in at least a double amount of your guests.
While this list is not exhaustive, it is a fairly organized starter. In the least, it is the bare bone requirements.
Planning and implementing an enjoyable graduation party can be done with style and ease. Don’t let the moment become so stressful that you are not able to enjoy the times with them as well.