Acknowledging the hard work that your teenager has put in to complete a lifelong dream can best be shown through the party of all parties for graduation. In the mind of most seniors, this is a dream come true, a time when they can have all their friends there and thoroughly enjoy the party. No one should have a better party than your very own.
Music– Depending on where you live, a DJ is most welcomes by many potential graduates. Compare 3-5 DJ’s for their style, appearance and selection of available music. Write some of their favorite bands down and inquire as to their availability. When meeting with the DJ use the list to see if they have the current times in music and what appeals to teenagers. If cost is a factor, use an Ipod system to broadcast the popular music. Any type of music can be downloaded through iTunes for next to nothing.
- Lights: String lights around the area where the party will be held. A great choice in light selection can be white lights combined with their school colors. The white lights will add some additional brightness to the home or yard area where the party is held. If the area is too expansive, try lighting around the dance floor, it will make that area the focal point.
- Balloons– Schools typically have two colors. Taking that into consideration, tier those two colors with a white balloon to enhance the school colors. Balloons can be filled at home by purchasing a Balloon Time Party Tank. You can purchase customized, unique or specialized balloons to really relate to your grad. You will also need ribbon to tie the balloons.
- Party Ball Lights– If you are looking for lights over the tables or food area, there are Round Paper lanterns that are sold with or without lights through local party supply stores such as Party City.
- Paper Decorations: Keep it simple with the hanging paper decorations. For a small area, one congratulations sign will be sufficient. You can add pomp and design to the tables with graduation confetti lightly spread on the tables.
Food: I am an all out lover of cooking. Even though it may add to the stress of times, I prefer to cook at home. Some of the favorite party items in our home include:
- Pasta– Baked Ziti is Simple, Easy and Quick
- Chicken– Fried Wings, Hot Wings seem to be a favorite among teens. The fried wings can be bought through local restaurants or Walmart in a party box. The hot wings can be made from the fried wings at home for best results.
- Salad– If the party will last for several hours; I would only recommend having a tossed salad with toppings be offered in separate containers. Less spoilage and longer lasting make this an ideal choice and alternative to guests who may not eat meat products.
- Hamburgers/Hotdogs– Typically go to party and BBQ items, never throw a home based grad party without these all American foods.
Activities: Horseshoes and volleyball are great activities to include at the party.
The type and choice of party clearly resides with the likes and interests of your teenager. To make the party more personal incorporate their favorites in music, colors and designs. All supplies, warmers, invitations and decorations can be purchased with ease at your local Party Supply store.