Top Ramen are words that most Americans identify with the starving student! When you’re making your meal in a coffee pot every day you eventually learn to be creative. I’m way past the college years and don’t cook in my coffee pot anymore but I still love my Ramen noodles! Here are a few tricks I’ve picked up over the years.
1. I prefer the bagged ramen over the Cup O Noodles. The flavor packets give you the freedom to control the taste and salt content. Sometimes I use miso paste or healthier flavorings like Sprouts natural powdered chicken or vegetable stock found in the bulk section of the store.
2. RAMEN MISO SOUP. You can add a teaspoon of miso to the ramen with or without the flavor packet. Both ways taste great. I add extra firm cubed tofu and a chopped green onion for an authentic miso soup flavor!
3. FRESH SHRIMP RAMEN. I use the chicken flavored ramen and add 6 raw shrimp, green onion and fresh spinach. It’s also good with pickled ginger. 3 minutes in the microwave and you’ve got a yummy meal!
4. MOZZARELLA AND MEATBALL RAMEN. I use beef ramen and add 1-2 precooked turkey meatballs. I top it off with shredded mozzarella and pop it in the microwave for 3 minutes.
5. TUNA RAMEN SALAD. Cook the ramen noodles in the microwave for 3 minutes leaving the flavor packet out. Drain a can of tuna packed in water. Chop up some pickled ginger and a handful of onion, any type. Drain the water from the ramen and add the 3 above ingredients. Add mayonnaise and 1/2 of the flavor packet of your choice. Mix and enjoy! It’s good warm or cold. Sometimes I add a little honey at the end. It’s yummy too!
Enjoy your ramen!!!