Never fear the meaning of music, everyone has their favorites and in them, they find themselves. Here are my top five picks from my favorite band Godsmack.
- I Stand Alone– Don’t let the demons create a fear in you. Nothing but you can hold you back. Fake people and situations are there to distract you from where you want and need to be.
- Serenity– The tone of the song puts you at peace when you are looking for answers as to why, how and where you should be. It changes your perceptions on the places you have been and the world that you can’t escape. You can change yourself even after you have seen the darkest of places. It was our first choice in picking an alternative song to capture our own hearts when we married.
- Awake– Signifies that another can bring you out of places you feel trapped in. Someone can reach you no matter where you have found yourself; even the darkest of places someone can pull you out of. Taking the time to fight what controls and traps you can best be done with the one that has captured your soul. There is always one person that has the ability and desire to be at your side when no one else can.
- Greed– There are some people that take so much of your heart and mind that you become trapped in their wants. It affects how you see yourself. Take the time to fight what controls and traps you. Don’t let anyone get in the way of what you want and need.
- Good Times, Bad Times– This song particularly hits home with me. I chose to love someone no matter what other’s thought of her. You need to live out your dreams and sometimes that means not caring about those you left behind for not accepting you as you are. You can always reconnect with your past as the person you are today and not what others expect you to be.
You can always find a part of yourself in the songs you like. I feel someone is always drawn to a part of themselves in everything they choose especially in the music. It has the ability to become a solid foundation when all others have failed.
www.youtube.com to find and listen to songs that I liked