Morgantown, West Virginia, is home to WV University. Every year it welcomes thousands of students from across the country, and the world. It’s no wonder there is such a variety of restaurants to suit everyone’s needs, no matter where they hail from.
1. Asian Bistro offers menus of Chinese, Thai, Japanese, and Korean cuisine. It features a large dining room, and also offers carry-out and delivery. Located at 3006 Northpoint Plaza. 304.241.5058 asianbistromorgantown
2. Boston Beanery has been in business for 30 years, with two locations in the area. They are styled after old Boston pubs from the 1800’s, and offer huge salads, appetizers, pizza, ribs, seafood, and sandwiches. Find them at 321 High St., and 383 Patteson Drive. bostonbeanery
3. Casa D’Amici has been a Morgantown favorite for over 20 years, and boasts the best brick-oven-baked pizza in town, with the dough and sauce made fresh every day. Subs and pastas are also available. Easy to find at 485 High St., or you can order online at casadamici .
4. The Lakehouse At Cheat Lake is known for seafood dishes, such as Atlantic salmon, Canadian lobster tail, and yellowfin tuna. Steak, chicken, pizza, and sandwiches are also on the menu, plus they have a children’s menu. Located at 165 Sunset Beach Rd., overlooking Cheat Lake. 304.594.0088
5. Wings Ole’ is family owned and operated, and has become another Morgantown favorite. Take your choice of all things Mexican, such as burritos, tacos, and enchilados, or dig into a basket of hot wings. Open Monday-Saturday, you’ll find it at University Ave. 304.296.4486 wingsole
6. Shoney’s is very affordable, and a gathering place for breakfast-lovers. Choose between eggs-done-your-way, with sides of bacon or steak, or fluffy pancakes with syrup or fruit. Sandwiches, salads, and burgers are great for lunch and supper. It’s easy to find on Earl Core Road. 304.599.9606 shoneys
7. Mother India Restaurant offers authentic Indian dishes of shrimp curry, fish masala, and lamb biryani. They are proud to have a team of chefs, recruited from different areas of India, to accommodate all tastes. If these spicy and aromatic dishes appeal to you, visit them at 40 High Street. Suite # 109 304.292.4492 motherindiawv
8. Legends At Lakeview is a great restaurant for sports fans, with big screen tvs, and personal tvs at your table. A menu of sandwiches, wings, shrimp, and pizza are perfect for game-watching and socializing. Check out their daily specials. Recommended for FAN-actics! Stop by at One Lakeview Drive. 304.296.22266 legendsmorgantown
9. Atomic Grill is a barbecue and steak house, with large servings and plenty of side dishes. Offering locally grown produce when in season, it has a variety of salads to go with those steaks and ribs. This is a fun, relaxed place found at 595 Greenbag Road. 304.241.1170 Check out their page on facebook for full menu.
10. Great Wall Of China has been in Morgantown since 1992, and has become one of the best Chinese restaurants in the area. Whether you prefer chicken, beef, or seafood, it will all be found on their menu. Sweet and sour pork is a popular favorite, along with plenty of shrimp dishes to choose from. For more information, call 304.291.3412 , or 304.291.3417. Located at 162 High Street, you can also order online at greatwallchinesefood .