It used to be that brides and grooms went into engraved silver things as gifts for bridesmaids and groomsmen. These days, that seems, well, boring and out-of-date.
It is better to think fun and something they can actually use. How many guys these days have any use for a pocket watch or an engraved money clip? Who even carries money anymore?
These presents are fun, useful and sometimes a little cheeky.
- Gift Card from www.manpack.com – I love this site. It has guy’s stuff. Everything from an Ernest Hemingway Shaving Kit, to a line of grooming aids labeled “Willy Envy” and a body wash named “Man Stuff”. No nonsense. Macho, guy friendly and fun.
- Local craft beer – Most places these days have a craft beer brewery. Or you can find a specialty store that stocks the stuff. It’s too pricey for everyday drinking, but a great guy kind of a treat. Heck, maybe they will share.
- Single malt whiskey – Again, way too pricey ($40 or $50 dollars a bottle) for every day, but a wonderful luxury. Check first to make certain – some people absolutely hate single malt. It is an acquired taste.
- Wine – We seem to be very boozy. But you can mix and match this idea, giving beer to beer lovers, whiskey to whiskey lovers and wine to wine imbibers. With any luck, you can throw a group party.
- Gift Card from www.werd.com – Want a smart basketball with an app that tracks steps taken and accuracy? Or how about a key ring that has bicycle tools attached? Then there’s the pit barrel cooker for all those fried turkeys or the make your own canoe kit. And there are tools that any handyman would drool over. A quirky, up market site. And the new techno watches are to die for.
- Gift Card from www.trunkclub.com – The ultimate no brainer easy to use fashion site for guys. You click on some icons to indicate your style (from Clueless to Confident). You click on the stores you like to shop in. Then put in some measurements. Then, the good stuff. You get a personal shopper, who is young and attractive. Call her, text her, whatever. The high end (expensive) clothes and accessories come packed in a box that looks like a trunk. Easy and free returns. Set up for the guy who can’t be bothered.