Have you ever seen a new tech gadget and thought to yourself “why is this even an invention, who would ever buy that?” From creepy to downright useless, here are the top 10 most ridiculous tech products.
1. Taser Music Player: This makes number one on the list because of the dangerous combination. If you’re afraid of being attacked, why not be aware of your surroundings? Now you can listen to music while you walk down dark alleys.
2. LED Eyelashes: Looking for luminous bigger eyes? Look no further! LED eyelashes are here to brighten your face. These false lashes include a sensor that perceives pupil movements blinking on and off when your eye opens and closes, according to Somipark.com
3. Transparent Toaster: This toaster works by heating glass technology according to an article on Incrediblethings.com. It is transparent for the person meticulously watching their toast to take it out at the exact moment of prime toastiness. I, for one, have no time to watch my bread toast.
4. USB Mouse with Digital Scale: With the USB mouse with digital scale you can now weigh objects (pennies, keys, limes, let your imagination fly), on your computer mouse. Digital scales, although useful in the kitchen, become useless on a mouse.
5. TREWGrip Keyboard: The 2014 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas introduced the TREWGrip. You place your phone in the middle of the bulky device and wrap your fingers around the TREWGrip to type on the back of the keyboard. Learn to type all over again without being able to see the keys for only $250.
6. Remember Rings: This ring heats up to 120 degrees for ten seconds every hour on the hour, the day before a big event, just to annoyingly remind the wearer they’re forgetting something. I use the calendar on my phone which alerts me a day before the special event, it doesn’t burn my fingers, it just rings.
7. Rear-View Mirror LCD Screen: If you get tired of looking at cars in your rear-view mirror you can now, thanks to this ludicrous invention, change that image with forests, or the beach. Talk about distraction.
8. Virtual Laser Keyboard: Even the incorporation of lasers couldn’t make this product sell. Its $179 price tag isn’t alluring, but what really hinders the sales, is the mini projector-like device for the virtual keyboard. Why not simply use the keyboard on your tablet?
9. Numi Toilet by Kohler: Did you ever look at a toilet on a plane and say, I want something that looks exactly that comfortable? Well now for the price of $6,400 you can have the Numi Toilet. This smart toilet puts you in control of water effects, wiping techniques, and so much more.
10. Magic Wand Remote Control: Being an avid Harry Potter fan, I would love nothing more than a wand that actually obeys; however, you can either spend $75 on Amazon.com and purchase this wand, or buy a universal remote for $10. Ah heck, sometimes we need a little crazy technology in our lives. I’m getting this wand!