Everybody wants a great bathroom, but not everyone can afford to pay a contractor to have one. Knowing how to transform your old bathroom into an impressive new one gives you the power to renovate your own bathroom. Do you desire to give your bathroom a brand new look? If yes, put in some effort on how to do it yourself. Because the bathroom is one of the most used rooms and most expensive room to renovate, the best thing to do is make choices that will not cost a lot, plan cleverly and put in the work yourself. Here are a few steps on how to renovate the bathroom on a budget.
Step One: Plan what really needs to be done; what kind of remodeling will be done; how much will be spent on new fixtures, flooring, tiling, cabinetry, new sink, bigger shower head, new paint, new tiles and accessories.
Step Two: Set a budget and compare prices. Search online for various manufacturer websites, also for the best pricing and best warranties.
Step Three: Try to keep work as simple as possible. Try to keep renovation as simple as possible, and only replace what is absolutely necessary.
Step Four: Execute your plan. Set the step-by-step approach to begin remodeling the bathroom. You should know what you want to replace, how much you are spending and ready to begin remodeling.
Step Five: Start renovation. Pick a counter or sink, if using a vanity and a counter-top, choose the counter-top first.
Steps to replace the old sink
• Turn the existing sink’s water supply off
• Remove the sink and also remove sealant or any caulking
• Set up the new sink in the existing space
• Seal the sink into the space by caulking the edges
• Turn on the water supply
Steps to change the flooring of the bathroom
- Remove your bathroom’s old flooring
- Lay down the new flooring and measure the exact fit
- Cut the new flooring as needed
- Make the revealed portion of the existing surface even
- Clean the surface using dehumidifiers to remove any excess moisture
- Apply an adhesive on the floor
- Lay the tiles or the flooring
- If need, seal the floor using grout or other caulking
- Leave the floor to dry off completely
If you are thinking of remodeling the bathroom but are not sure if you should, I recommend you go for it. If you are concerned as if it is worth considering, it is and remodeling will grow the value of your home and since you are renovating the bathroom yourself, you have nothing to lose. If you find yourself lost, do as I did, browse designer showrooms online and compare prices to get the affordable prices and inspirational ideas.