If you get a headache and don’t want to take medicine that can cause liver damage or give you ulcers, there are some natural remedies that you can use instead. Some headaches are caused by different things, and therefore some remedies will work better than others. Here are a few different things you can try to get rid of a headache.
1. Place a slice of lemon on your forehead. I’m not sure how or why, but it really does work! Just cut a lemon in half and lay down. Place the flat part of the lemon on your forehead and lay still for about 15 minutes and your headache may go away completely!
2. Pinch your “great eliminator” nerve and hold it. There is a nerve between your thumb and forefinger that has to do with tension in your body. Pinch this nerve and hold it for at least a minute and it will get rid of a tension headache. It is advised that pregnant women do not do this, though.
3. Press your temples. You can even have someone else do this. Press your first two fingers next to each other on both sides of your head, in front of the ears and right behind the eyes. Hold the pressure for about a minute and lightly let go.
4. Meditate. If you can find a quiet, comfortable spot to sit and meditate, it can be soothing to your nerves. This helps to alleviate stress.
5. Alternate hot and cold wet rags on your forehead. If you have a sinus headache, put a cold, wet rag on your forehead for a couple of minutes. Then, put a warm, wet rag on your forehead for a few minutes as well. Keep repeating this and you will feel your sinus headache will start to go away.
Other related articles from the writer:
Suboxone for the Management of Opiate Addiction
Natural Ways to Get High