With summer on its way, many people will be having picnics and cookouts. My family likes to have cookouts all the time when the weather is nice. I always try to and have some kind of different food at each one so it’s not the same old thing everything. I really enjoy little appetizers and fruit-filled appetizers are great for the summer. All of the following recipes are served on top of sherbert. Here are a few of my favorite cookout appetizer recipes. I hope you and your family will enjoy these this summer. Happy eating.
- 14 ounces of lemon lime carbonated drink
- 3 tablespoons of lime juice
- 3 drops of green food coloring
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- Mix together your lemon lime drink, lime juice and food coloring. Freeze until it becomes slushy.
- Beat your egg white until it forms peaks.
- Fold your egg white into your slushy mixture.
- Freeze and stir one time before it becomes solid.
- Before serving, beak up with a fork and serve on top of sherbert.
GINGER FRUIT COCKTAIL:
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup of lemon juice
- 1 pound of drained fruit cocktail
- 1 cup of halved strawberries
- 1 cup of melon balls
- 7 ounces of ginger ale
- Peel and slice your banana.
- Dip your banana slices into your lemon juice.
- Combine your lemon juice and banana with your fruit cocktail and strawberries.
- Cover and chill.
- Before serving, pour ginger ale over your fruit and serve.
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 3/4 cup of water
- 3/4 cup of orange juice
- 12 ounces of pineapple juice
- Bring your sugar and water to a boil over medium heat.
- Cool slightly.
- Add in your orange juice and pineapple juice.
- Freeze until hard.
- Break into small pieces and stir until mushy
- Serve on top of sherbert.
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2/3 cup of water
- 2/3 cup of lemon juice
- 2/3 cup of pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- 2 egg whites
- 4 cups of crushed ice
- Cook your sugar and water for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Chill until cool.
- Add in your lemon juice, pineapple juice, lime juice, egg white and crushed ice.
- Pour your mixture into your blender and blend for 8 seconds until it is frothy.
- Serve at once in chilled glasses.
PINEAPPLE MINT CUP:
- 14 ounces of pineapple chunks
- 1 cup of seedless grapes
- 1/2 cup of chopped up dinner mints
- Ginger ale
- Drain your pineapple chunks.
- Add in your seedless grapes and dinner mints.
- Chill and serve on top of sherbert.
- Pour a little chilled ginger ale over each serving.