Looking for a fun and old-fashioned way to see some of your favorite movies this season? Check out these great Capital District Drive-In Theaters!
1. Glen Drive In Theater: Pleasing movie goers since 1958, this drive-in theater is located in Queensbury on route 9. Enjoy the great selection of newly released movies played as a double feature and don’t forget to grab a yummy snack from the theater snack bar! The screen opens at 7:00pm and charges just $9.00 for adults and $4.00 for kids.
2. Hathaway’s Drive-In: You will want to check out this classic theater open since 1948! Located in North Hoosick the theater has just recently converted to digital and will be open on May 16th through Labor Day. This family oriented drive-in offers many hot foods including hamburgers, hotdogs, pizza and fish and chips. They also offer a good variety of drinks, candy and even ice cream!
3. Jericho Drive-In: Located in Glenmont this drive-in is open on the weekends only and opens it’s gates about 90 minutes before its showings on Fridays and Saturdays and 60 minutes before on Sundays. It offer a full snack shop with burgers, fries, pizza and more! Don’t miss “The Jericho” icecream featured at the Twist Ice Cream Shoppe! Also, the drive-in offers many other delicious ice cream treats including hand dipped cones and hand dipped cake cones! In the early spring you can come and try out their great selection from 1pm-8pm.
4. Hollywood Drive-In: This theater located in Averill Park in Rensselaer County is open at 6:30pm on Friday’s and Saturday’s and at 7:00pm on Sunday’s. Enjoy their great snack bar filled with delicious treats such as nachos and pizza as well as candy and drinks. The theater shows a double feature usually starting around 8pm and charges $9.00 for adults and $5.00 for kids. Built in 1952 this theater has been in service for 62 years and has gone through many renovations to bring the best in movie going experience to their customers.
5. Malta Drive-In: Open each spring and located in in Malta on route 9, this theater charges $9.00 for adults and $4.00 for kids. Usually drive-in theaters don’t allow outside food in, but this one offers an outside food and beverage pass for $5.00. Built in 1949 the drive-in opens it’s gates for the season starting in April and ending in September.