Father’s Day is the one day we take to honor thy father and what better way to celebrate dad than throwing a fat juicy steak on the grill? Let dad sit back and enjoy his day while your prepare a meal fit for your king. These recipes make for a great dinner on this special day, so heat up the grill and turn on the oven; it’s time to get cooking and celebrate Father’s day with a meal made with love.
Marinated Rib Eyes – I think a great steak cooked on a grill is my favorite way to enjoy one. This recipe is for a Rib Eye but you can substitute any one of your favorite steaks and it will be just as delicious. Why not dedicate one day of the week to this recipe and you will always know it is but 6 short days away and you will digging in once again to another great steak.
- 1/2 C A-1 steak sauce
- 1 C Italian Dressing
- 1 C barbecue sauce
- 2 T garlic pepper seasoning
- 1 T meat tenderizer
- Take a fork and poke several holes into your steaks, this will help tenderize them and allow the marinade to penetrate them.
- Put your steaks into a Ziploc bag and pour the seasoning into the bag.
- Move the steaks around in the bag so that the marinade gets all over the meat.
- Refrigerate over night or for 24 hours if you can
- When you are ready to cook your steaks and have your grill ready, grill them over medium heat until they reach your preferred doneness.
Rosemary Herbed Roasted Potatoes – This is a dish that is right at home no matter what you are serving. If you use fresh rosemary opposed to the dried you will have a much fresher taste and smell, this is one amazing herb. If you have a potluck or office party coming up, this is the perfect dish to take and it will stand out from the ordinary dishes we have come to know at these events. Simple to make but people will think you put a lot of effort into it, a sure fire hit for you to consider.
- 3 lbs red potatoes, cut into chunks
- 3 C chicken broth
- 1/2 C lemon juice
- 1/3 C olive oil
- 1-1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1-1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 4 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/4 C fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 C Parmesan cheese, you can use powder or freshly grated
1. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, mix together all of the ingredients.
3. Bake uncovered for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours, give them a stir every 20 minutes or so as they bake.
4. Garnish with fresh parsley & serve.
Roasted Kale with Garlic – is a simple and easy to prepare a side dish to serve with your Rib Eyes and Rosemary Herbed Roasted Potatoes. Kale is among some of the best greens you can eat and this is a great way to prepare them.
- 12 ounces of kale, remove the stems and roughly chopped
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt, (I use Pink Hymilayan)
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
- 1-1/2 tsp sherry vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees
- Combine the first four ingredients into a bowl and toss to coat
- Place a large cookie sheet or jelly roll pan in the oven for 5 minutes to heat.
- Spread the kale mixture onto the heated pan using a wooden spatula, making sure they are overlapping as little as possible.
- Bake for approximately 7 minutes, stir the kale keeping in mind they don’t overlap too much and bake for another 5 minutes. You are looking for the edges to be crisp while the kale remains tender.
- Transfer the kale into a bowl and drizzle with the vinegar; tossing to combine. Serve right away.
Variation: You can use kosher salt as many recipes call for, it is a personal choice and the substitution should not affect the recipe overall.
From my kitchen to yours … That’s what’s cooking!