The Best Eco-Friendly Green Car Products
Are you eco-friendly? What about your car products and accessories? If not, are you ready
to make that eco-friendly, environmentally safe
awareness change? Here are the best green eco safe car products available on today’s market.
What is eco-friendly Anyway?
Eco is just the shortened version of ecology. Ecology is the study of the environment, habitat and surroundings. To say that something is
“eco-friendly” it must fit into the following criteria:
* Non toxic
Also, you should know that when a product claims “made from recyclables” on the label it simply means the substances (glass, wood, metal or plastic)
that make up the item are from reclaimed waste products and then remade into something new.
Consumers beware of Green Washing
Green washing has been termed as what major corporations are doing when they falsely advertise
their products as being “green” or
“eco-friendly”. In 2009 General Electric and American Electric Power were named as the top two major
green washing companies, according to the
The Awaited Green List
Simple Green Car Wash, GreaseCar, Green Air Filters, E3 Spark Plugs and CarId Seat Covers
have been picked as the five top car products deemed eco-friendly and safe for the environment.
Car Wash Solution
1. Simple Green is a well established eco-friendly car care company. They have been developing many different environmentally safe car care products since 1975. Simple Green Car Wash is a non-abrasive yet
effectively cleans your gentle car surfaces without scratching or harming the paint job. Simple Green products are very reasonably priced and can be easily found in hardware and consumer grocery and
drug stores as well as online at simplegreen.com.
Vegetable Oil Ran Motors
2. Still fairly new in the business world, “GreaseCar” have moved mountains with the reduction of pollutants emitted from our vehicles. Since 2002 GreaseCar has perfected their number one eco-friendly product, GreaseCar Vegetable Oil Conversion System. This system is awesome in that
it converts your diesel running car to one that runs
on wasted restaurant oil. The auxiliary fuel modification system allows your vehicle to run on
vegetable oil in any climate. This kit comes with an average price tag of $1800. It can be purchased online through their website greasecar.com.
Cleaner Air, Less Cost
3. The fuel modification system does wonders for the pollutants. Just imagine how much cleaner the air you breathe could be. Not all air filters for your car are eco-friendly and considered green. However,
Green Air Filters by Auto Anything can be added to our list. Green Air Filters are washable and reusable, thus cutting down expenditures and materials to
manufacture them. No more replacing those expensive car filters, now you simple wash it every 50,000 miles. The Green Air filter comes with a lifetime warranty and is designed to fit any vehicle
make, model or year. Green Air filters are available
at select stores, but can always be found on their website autoanything.com
4. Now that we have discussed everything from cleaning your car to fueling it, I would like to add the fire to it. That’s right I think spark plugs are just as an important piece to your car as any other, theoretically speaking anyway. E3 Spark Plugs have remade the spark plug design changing the amount of emissions from your car. The E3 Spark Plug allows for a cleaner burn of fuel which leads to less cost. The E3 Spark
Plugs can be found nationwide in an assortment of auto part stores like Bennett Auto Supply and Napa Auto Parts as well as online.
Decorating your new Eco-Friendly Car
5. Now that we have made several changes to our car and car care, we get to decorate and still stay
green. If you have never hear of CarId, then it’s time
you took a trip on the World Wide Web. This wonderful store carries a wide selection of environmentally safe products to be added to our newly renovated eco-friendly car. I like car seat covers because they add so much personality to our cars.
The need for eco-friendly car covers has been met. Just know in my earlier description of what constitutes eco-friendly it also included sustainability. The car seat cover I am speaking of is the CR-Grade Neoprene Seat Covers. Neoprene that is oil based is the better of the two products because of the sustainability of the product, it takes less to make it and it lasts longer which means less in the landfill. I have yet to see these particular seat covers in local stores but can be readily ordered from CarId.com. They are a little on the pricey side at $250 however, not having to replace them as much should definitely come into play.
I hope I have been able to at least shed some light on the eco-friendly car care products out there, now go get green.