Spring is in the air! Time for Easter crafts-baskets, candy, baby animals and best of all, bunnies! Looking for cute Easter bunny-themed crafts to make? Here are three easy, ultra-cute projects for ages 2 to 102 (don’t forget seniors–they love crafts too).
What’s more fun than a cute bunny craft? And eatable bunny craft! You’ll need:
–Hostess Twinkies or Sno Balls (coconut covered marshmallow cakes), Dolly Madison Zingers or unfrosted cupcakes
–Handi-Snacks Oreos Dunk’Ems pack (or oval cookies like Nutter Butter or ladyfingers, graham cracker sticks. Pretzels and white frosting)
–square gum pellets
2) Sprinkle cake with shredded coconut.
3) Spread a little pink frosting on cookies or crackers for ears. If using pretzels, dip in pink frosting.
4) Insert ears in cake.
5 Insert two jellybeans for eyes.
6) Insert two gum pellets for teeth.
7) With frosting, attach marshmallow for tail.
Funny Bunny Clip
Here’s a bunny-themed craft that puts the “fun” in functional–great gift craft, too. You’ll need.
small white pom-poms or cotton balls
tiny pink pom-poms
three pipe cleaners
hot glue (or Tacky Glue)
1) Glue three pink pom-poms to front of both pinchable “handles” of clothespin. Cover the rest of both handles with white pom-poms or cotton balls. These are the ears.
2) Glue two eyes to front above spring.
3) Twist three pipe cleaners around center of clothespin. Leave equal amounts on both sides for whiskers.
4) Glue pink pom-pom under eyes for nose
“Fuzzy” Bunny Mask
Here’s a good recycled craft. You’ll need
square white tissue paper scraps
red crayon or marker
rubber bands, string
1) Make a simple bunny face pattern: circle head, two protruding ovals for ears, two eye holes, mouth.
2) Cut open cereal box, trace bunny fact on inside and cut out.
3) Color ear centers red.
4) Fold tissue paper squares around pencil end, dip in glue and affix to bunny face and around pink part on ears. This makes 3D bunny “fuzz.”
5) Glue two white paper squares for bunny buck teeth.
6) Poke holes on side and tie string or rubber band on to hold mask in place. Or attach pencils or dowels for hand-held mask.
Have a happy, hoppy Easter.