My children and I enjoy so many crafts over the Easter holiday, and there is nothing I enjoy more than watching the smiles on their faces as their creative juices get flowing.
Easter Bunny Picture Frame
- Picture frame
- Child’s photo
- Craft felt for the ears
- Cotton balls
- Crafting glue
- pipe cleaners
Making the ears:
- Take your felt (light pink), cut a square, fold it in half and cut an ear shape.
- Repeat only smaller with the dark pink for the inner-ear.
Making the nose:
- Cut a piece of felt into a triangle shape (for the cotton balls) and another piece piece in a rectangle shape for the teeth (cut a slit up the middle to separate)
- Glue the teeth to the bottom of the frame (they will end up hanging below the cotton balls)
- Next glue the cotton ball triangle to the frame, the top cotton ball will end up hovering just around the nose of your child’s in the picture, on the nose if possible. This way you avoid gluing anything to the actual picture.
- Glue pipe cleaners under the cotton balls.
Bunnie Goodie Bags
- Draw a picture of a bunny on a piece of paper, cut it out and use as a stencil.
- Center the stencil on the front of a 31/2″W x 63/4″H white paper bag. Trace the bunny outline onto the bag.
- Use a small piece of cardboard as a cutting mat, put it inside the bag and cut out the bunny outline.
- Take a piece of cellophane, cut to 3″W x 4″H. Using a glue stick, apply glue around the edges of the bunny (inside the bag) Slide the cellophane piece into the bag and press it against the glue to secure.
- Fold the top of the bag over, punch two even holes to run the ribbon through.
Fill the bags up with you favorite candy; finish by tying a beautiful bow with the ribbon.
These and other crafts make the Easter holiday much more fun for my family and I am sure that it will do the same for you and yours.
- Paper plates
- Cotton balls
- Plastic eyes
- Black paper
- Pink crayon
- Cut one paper plate in half and color the inner 1/2 circle pink for ears.
- Glue another plate on top of ears
- Glue on the eyes, cotton balls (nose), and tie cut out
- Color the mouth and nose
It is that simple but the pleasure, fun and laughter that this brings is something every mother should enjoy!