Around Easter time, my family and I enjoy celebrating the coming of spring. Luckily, Easter décor themes–rabbits, eggs, flowers–are all spring time themes as well, so creating seasonal decoration crafts is easy and fun, and they can stay up all season long!
An intricate decoration with a fun prize inside!
Yarn, thread, or other string
1. Boil sugar into water until the sugar is dissolved.
2. Carefully insert some wrapped candies into a balloon.
3. Inflate the balloon to desired size, and tie off the end.
4. Soak yarn, embroidery floss, or thread in the sugar solution, then wrap carefully around the balloon. Allow the string to set for at least 24 hours.
5. Once dry, use a pin to pop the balloon, then carefully use tweezers to remove it from the fragile string egg. Your candies will be safely stowed inside!
Bonus tip: Use lace ribbon instead of string, and stuff with artificial flowers for an even more delicate and striking effect!
Egg Shell Candles
Since spring and Easter are about rebirth, and re-growth, we like to keep recycling and repurposing in mind with our crafts!
1. Take a raw egg and poke a hole in either end.
2. Blow out the yolk and whites.
3. Put a small piece of tape over the bottom hole, then gently chip away at the top of the empty egg shell until the opening is wide enough to fit a tea-light inside.
4. Rinse out the egg shells, and let them dry completely.
5. Insert your tea-light candles, and set eggs atop festive egg holders!
Bonus tip: Create a lovely contrast by using white egg shells with colored tea-lights, or dyed egg shells with white tea-lights!
Egg Carton Flower Centerpiece
This is another great up-cycling project!
Artificial moss and flowers
1. Save your egg carton after egg dying. Remove the top, and trim the sides neatly.
2. Arrange artificial moss and flowers into each cup.
3. Bookend with votive or pillar candles for a lovely, thematic, spring/Easter centerpiece.
Bonus tip: Replace some of the flowers and moss with some of your dyed eggs for a fun display!
Play with different colors in your projects! Easter is a great time to refresh your décor with the picturesque colors and themes of spring!