This is my absolute favorite recipe to make as a dessert for parties. It has gotten to the point where some of my friends request that I bake these brownies and then “forget” to put them out for guests! This is a simple twist on a Martha Stewart recipe that is sure to delight!
Besides the pan for baking, you will want to have a hand mixer, several mixing bowls, and a pot of simmering water on hand. The mixing bowl you will melt the chocolate in must be heatproof.
1-cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2-teaspoon baking powder
8 tablespoons unsalted butter
8 oz. semi-sweet baking chocolate
1 1/4 cup sugar
3 eggs, beaten
Cream Cheese Swirl
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
One 6 oz. package of raspberries, washed and dried
2 tablespoons of sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the brownie dry ingredients: flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
4. Place 1 stick butter and chocolate in a large heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth. Remove bowl from pan.
5. Mix 1 1/4 cups sugar into the melted chocolate.
6. Add 3 beaten eggs to the melted chocolate. Be careful that they do not scramble.
7. Add flour and cocoa mixture to the chocolate. Mix until moist and set aside.
8. Using a hand mixer, combine cream cheese with 2 tablespoons butter.
9. Add in 1/4 cup sugar, 1 egg, and 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour to the cream cheese.
10. Create the raspberry topping: gently mash the raspberries with sugar using a fork.
11. Alternate spooning the chocolate batter and cream-cheese mixture into the pan. Use a butter knife to create a swirl. Then, gently drizzle on the raspberry mixture using a spoon.
12. Bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean.
13. Cool 30 minutes before removing from pan.
14. Once the brownies are completely cool, cut using a bread knife dipped in water.
15. Store in the refrigerator for up to a week (if they last that long!).