Did you enjoy making a colorful Easter Basket out of a sheet of craft foam? Here are some more decorating ideas to help you snazzy up your basket.
As with any children’s activity, a little prior preparation makes creating together more fun! Read through these suggestions and gather any supplies you’d like to use. It’s best to pick supplies suitable for your fellow crafters’ ages and abilities. Then pick the suggestions you’d like to follow and get decorating.
If you need them, here are the instructions for how to “Make a Colorful Easter Basket Out of a Sheet of Craft Foam.”
Decorate the sides of the basket
The sides of the basket are a blank canvas just waiting for your inner artist to make them pop! There are tons of possibilities. You can:
· stick on regular stickers or foam stickers
· glue on macaroni
· glitz it up with stick on jewels
· use glitter glue to give it sparkle
· glue on buttons
· cut strips of duct tape and use them to create designs
· use a marker to draw a picture (like I did on the handle in the example picture) or make a pattern
· cut your own designs out of sheets of sticky-backed felt or foam and stick them on
Wrap it in ribbon
Wrap a ribbon around the top of your basket (like I did in the example picture) is simple! Use a single hole punch to put an even number of holes around the top edge of your basket. Then lace the ribbon of your choice through the holes. There are lots of possibilities. You can:
· tie a bow on your basket by starting your lacing from the outside of the basket. When you get all the way around, tie the ends in a bow.
· get the border without the bow by starting your lacing from inside the basket. When you get all the way around, tie the ends together in a knot inside the basket. Or, if you prefer, you can glue the ends in place.
· twist two or more ribbons together for more pizzazz.
· use yarn or cord instead of ribbon
· make an extra long friendship bracelet out of embroidery thread to substitute for ribbon
· make an extra long rubber band bracelet to substitute for ribbon
Perk up the handle
There are plenty of possibilities for personalizing the handle of the basket too. You can:
· draw a picture or pattern on the handle (like I did in the example picture)
· glue a strip of thin ribbon down the center
· tie a bow at the top or side of the handle
· punch holes in the handle and then lace ribbon through them
· wrap the top of the handle in a square of sticky-backed felt to make a grip
· use strips of colored duct tape to give the handle candy cane stripes
The possibilities for decorating your one-of-a-kind Easter basket are endless! What kind of ideas do you have for your basket? Feel free to share them in the comments below. Be creative and have fun.
Interested in more easy crafts for kids? Try these:
Crafts for Kids: Make a Colorful Easter Basket Out of a Sheet of Craft Foam
Crafts for Kids: Turn a Plain Vase Into Something Special with Rub-On Decals
Crafts for Kids: Use Your Child’s Art to Mark their page by Making a Bookmark