This is my recipe for chocolate peanut butter cookies. I have so much fun making these with my niece when she comes overs. She’s a big help with mixing the ingredients together. It was also her idea to melt peanut butter and drizzle it on top of the cookies. She’s getting so clever with helping me out with recipes. The other way we make these cookies is to just spread the peanut butter on top instead of drizzling it on the cookies. Both ways end up tasting great. Happy eating.
- 1 1/3 cup of flour
- 1 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 sticks of butter
- 1 cup of loosely packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 10 ounces of milk chocolate, chopped into small pieces (or you can use chocolate chips if you prefer)
- 1/4 cup of peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray your cooking sheet with a non stick cooking spray and set aside for later use.
- Combine 1 1/2 cup of flour, 1 cup of cocoa powder, 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Mix well with a spoon and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer on low, combine 1 1/2 sticks of butter, 1 cup of loosely packed brown sugar and 1/2 cup of white sugar and beat for 2 minutes.
- Beat in your egg, egg yolk and 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract. Make sure you mix this well before moving on with the recipe. I like to mix this for 2 minutes before continuing.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture you have set aside. Do not dump all the flour in at once or it will be too difficult to beat with your electric mixture. Mix in small sections and make sure it is completely mixed well into your batter.
- Add in 10 ounces of chipped up milk chocolate and stir by hand making sure you distribute evenly.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and place onto your prepared baking sheet. Leave 1 inch in between the cookies for them to spread while they are baking
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the center is set.
- Melt your 1/4 cup of peanut butter in the microwave. (I microwave at 30 second intervals to make sure the peanut butter does not burn.)
- Mix your 1 tablespoon of olive oil into the melted peanut butter.
- Drizzle the peanut butter mixture on top of your cookies or spread on like a frosting.
- Let set for 10 minutes, serve and enjoy.