I love anything and everything about Easter. Next to Christmas, Easter is my favorite holiday. I take this time to ensure that I bond well with my kids and we create everything about our Easter decorations together. Here are a few of the ideas on the table this year.
We have done this in previous years but did not laminate them. This year, we plan on taking them to a copy center and having them laminated so that they will last for years to come. We give our preschool daughter free reign on the colors, decorations and anything else that she feels should go on an Easter place mat.
- 11×14 construction grade paper
- Markers, pens, crayons, maybe even paint
- Holiday stickers
- Allow your child to explore their creative side by depicting what the holiday means to them. You may want to start off reading an Easter story to them to get them on the topic.
- We start off with a bunny rabbit in the middle and she takes it from there. You would be surprised at the creativity.
- Once complete, allow drying completely before taking them to be laminated. It is very cheap to have the mats laminated and allows you to save them to remind her of her childhood fantasies.
- Card Board or poster board
- Bunny Pictures
- Puzzle glue
- Markers, colored pencils
- Work with your child to cut out the pictures, we like to put a glass or cup over the picture to draw a nice circle.
- Put a little puzzle glue on the back to hold it in place
- Allow the kids to draw decorations around the bunny coasters.
- Once they have designed them, brush each with puzzle glue and allow to dry before repeating.
Bunny Place Cards for Easter Dinner
- Construction Paper
- Cut Out
- Fold construction paper in half
- Place Bunny Back on fold of card and trace
- Cut out Bunny being sure not to cut the entire fold off as you need the fold in a few places to hold together.
- Let the kids draw faces on to Bunnies to make them a bit personal.
- Help kids write the names of each guest on their own Bunny Place Card.
- Stand upright at each place setting.
Enjoying the Easter season can be an enjoyable and fun time for the whole family. Never second guess the minutes put into stopping and enjoying moments with them as they create beautiful holiday memories.