To increase your blog traffic, you need several things to be established at your blog/website. It has nothing to do with filling your content with keywords or internal links. It’s simpler than that. (I am not saying that keyword density does nothing). Keep in mind that when you try to boost your blog traffic, a lot of spam will appear in your post’s comments. Don’t panic. Let them spam you until you reach what you need, then kick those spammers out of your comment area. In the past, webmasters used to use keyword density strategies to gain some organic search queries. This still works but is not that effective. Webmasters now are more aware of those strategies and have other better solutions for those matters. To make money online, you must have good traffic to your blog. You will not make real money without having traffic. So number 1 is Traffic, Traffic and Traffic.
Things to do at the beginning? To boost your blog traffic, creating your email list is your golden target. Without an Emails list, you are just wasting time. At the beginning, you won’t gain fast subscribers. You will suffer for having zero subscribers at your blog. But later on with time you will start to receive confirmation emails of new subscribers. Yes, you’ve done it. No problem. Just focus on bringing in traffic. Then subscribers will come automatically. But, let’s not start with that. Let’s focus for now on your main guidelines for gaining traffic to your blog. Then later on we can discuss this in more details. I need you to focus on primary things first. Later on, we can dig in more.
Your GOLDEN guide lines to boost blog traffic The guidelines are between simple & more complicated. But they are all achievable when you have patience and wellness. Let’s hit the road with those:
1. Build a following base on Twitter.
2. Share your content on Twitter (If you don’t share, No one will reach you, Logic)
3. Place a link for your blog at your Twitter’s profile. (Back link it)
4. Create a page on Facebook and Invite your current friend to it.
5. Post your blog URL into the page info. (Back link it)
6. Post attractive posts. Facebook users prefer post in ACTION.
7. Insert your Email signup form from day 1 (who knows maybe you will start to get early subscriptions)
8. Post interesting blog posts, be unique (I know it’s hard) but try to.
9. Design it nice. Try to have a friendly nice looking post design. Bold, Italic and underlined words to make it easier for the read to determine differences.
10. Don’t use complicated vocabulary at your post. You are not going to write something about biology discovery here. (If you a biologist, Then I do apologize)
11. Millions of people are over there for you at LinkedIn. Place your LinkedIn link at your blog and do the same at your Linked in account. Boost your self.
12. Another Millions are over there at Google+. Do the same process. Aha, now you get it. Starting to understand the social power over the internet.
13. Don’t forget Facebook Sharing Button. I don’t need to explain the importance of Facebook nowadays.
14. Offer a free eBook done by you to your Email subscribers. Add some value for being a member at your blog. I won’t subscribe at you blog if you don’t give me something that I would earn from. Be generous.
15. Place subscribing form in multiple locations at your blog. I will not start to search for that box at your blog. I will just hit the address bar and exit your blog.
16. Create a YouTube Channel and link your blog to it. Be sociable.
17. Post your article as guest author in your domain. Don’t post an article about Google Adsense at Sports blogs.
18. Comment at other blogs posts in your domain (niche)
19. Display your blog Labels (Categories) at every page of your blog. You can use a widget or a plug-in. (Available at Blogger and WordPress).
20. Decrease your blog loading time. Don’t place many images that will slow down your page loading time. Be light.
21. Stick to your post title (point). Do NOT move from one point to another with no sense. Be careful, this would make the visitor for forget about your blog permanently. It’s annoying.
22. Post new and update your current posts weekly. Try to be active.
23. Keep using the (heading) option rather than changing font sizes in starting a new guideline topic. You can use your keywords here but don’t exaggerate.
24. Use the ALT option in images to describe the image. Will help you in your organic SEO
25. Subscribe on other blogs to learn more how to boost your traffic by updated method.
Is it too much “To do”? Well, according to real aspects. It is not too much “To do” list. But anyhow, some of you will say that this needs TIME. Yes it is. Overall, you can stick as much as you can. By time you will receiving what you worked for. Results will please you and give you a sense of satisfaction. On the other hand, I would love to represent for you the most important Topics that you can NOT skip.
Techniques that you can NOT skip They are not many. But very valuable. Sticking to those will assure you long run positive results. Stick to them and you will feel a big difference at your traffic flow at the long run. The list will be:
1. Create you Email list.
Hard to do? No. Offer your FREE eBook, be generous. Attract your visitors to subscribe to your Emails list. This will assure you good Email list not spammy one.
2. Boost your Twitter followers list
Embed your posted at Twitter. Share as much as you can. Gain a good followers list by any HOW. This doesn’t mean that you need to be an expert in something to have more followers. Be unique, Tweet interesting tweets. People will follow you. Then start to play your game by Tweeting your SELF (your blog). Don’t start to tweet about your blog from Day 1. Come on. This is 100% spamming. Be active, be normal. Then start to promote on a scale. Take is slow.
3. Boost your Facebook like (Facebook it)
Facebook users are really different from other social network users. They love ACTION. Unique posts and images will drive people to Like, Share and comment. This is what you are really looking for. Let them be forced to like and share your content. Again. Do NOT spam it. They will unfriend or unlike your page in matter of days. You don’t want to reach up to this point.
What do you need to do after all this? Just relax and keep being active. Post new articles, Comment on others, subscribe to blogs in your niche and interact with your blog visitors. Don’t limit your self. Try to invest new idea, create new blog label (categories) and add new domain to your blog.