There is a difference between sexy and skanky; between fleeting fashion and classically tailored.
The 2014 Awards Season has seen many pregnant stars done gorgeous gowns. We wait to see what the likes of Kerry Washington, Drew Berrymore, and Olivia Wilde, and Elsa Pataky will step out in on the Oscar Red Carpet.
The following stars did it right on the Oscar Red Carpet and would still look stunning today pregnant or not.
(Click on the name link to view the dress.)
Pregnant stars who showed off their growing physique:
- 1952: Lauren Bicall wore a Christian Dior gown with a mink stole.
- 1955: Eva Marie Saint had her baby 2 days after the Oscars.
- 1957: Elizabeth Taylor, three months pregnant, wore a blue gown with diamond crown.
- 1984: Meryl Streep wore a gold beaded gown while attending the Oscars while pregnant with her second child.
- 2000: Vanessa Williams wore a black Carmen Marc Valvo gown.
- 2004: Marcia Gay Harden, pregnant with twins, wore a blue Badgly Marschka gown.
- 2003: Catherine Zeta Jones: wore a black gown and coral Fred Leighton earrings.
- 2006: Rachel Weisz wore a black off-the -shoulder gown
- 2008: Nicole Kidman wore a black Balenciaga gown and 1399 karats of L’Wren Scott diamonds.
- 2010: Amy Adams wore a blue Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti gown.
- 2013: Georgina Chapman wore her own design of a crisp white gown with a jeweled bolero jacket.
Non-pregnant Stars who stunned us on the Oscar Red Carpet:
- 1939: Viviane Leigh was ahead of her time with a floral gown with cutout sides.
- 1954 Audry Hepburn wore a floral cream-colored Givenchy gown.
- 1955: Grace Kelly wore an ice blue Edith Head gown. It was said to be the most expensive gown ever at $4000.
- 1988: Morgan Fairchild wore a yellow and black gown.
- 1996: Tyra Banks wore a black and cream form fitting dress.
- 1997: Nicole Kidman wore a lemongrass-colored Dior gown.
- 2003: Jennifer Lopez wore a mint green Valentino gown.
- 2006 Keira Knightly wore an eggplant colored Vera Wang gown.
- 2008: Amy Adams wore an emerald-colored Proenza Schouler gown .
- 2008: Heidi Klum wore a red John Galliani gown.
- 2010: Sandra Bullock wore a gold beaded Marchesa gown.
- 2013: Jennifer Lawrence wore an ivory Dior Haute Couture gown.