Very few people have the time to watch the news on television or to read a newspaper. Because we are always on the go, we value convenience more than ever before. If you are among the many who do not have the time to stop and get the news of the day, you can turn to your smartphone or tablet to give you the day’s news and topics. Here are the top 10 apps for news.
1. AP Mobile. AP Mobile is a free app that features all of the news and articles published by the Associated Press. Users can get local news and weather pertaining to their current location, as well as national and international news, and the news on your individual homepage can be customized. The app also gives users the option to receive push notifications for breaking news alerts.
2. BBC News. BBC News is a global news source. The free app features articles published by BBC News, as well as BBC’s live ratio stream and audio and video clips. Users can also narrow down their news searches to specific areas or countries.
3. CNN. The CNN app is popular for offering video news, and this free app is particularly appealing to those who do not have the time to read the news and prefer to either watch or listen to the news as they multitask and do other things. CNN is one of the world’s leading news sources, and the app features clips from the various CNN television shows, as well as breaking news alerts and weather reports. Users can also access news and content supplied by other users.
4. Fox News. In the same way that CNN has its fan base, so does Fox News. The free Fox News app features articles from the Fox News website, as well as videos from both Fox News and Fox Business. Users can also watch live feed of either network, and share content via social media.
5. MSNBC News. The MSNBC News app is mostly popular with those who enjoy watching the network for news. The free app features content and video clips from some of the most popular shows on the network including Rachel Maddow and Hardball. Users can also access news articles.
6. LA Times. The LA Times is one of the leading newspapers in the country, and its free app provides users with a variety of different content ranging from hard news to Hollywood and celebrity news.
7. New York Times. Another one of the nation’s most successful newspapers, the New York Times app is a good source for a variety of news ranging from international news to local news to Wall Street and business news. However, the app is somewhat limited in terms of free content. Similarly to the newspaper’s website, users can only read 10 free articles per month. Otherwise, a subscription with unlimited use will cost $14.99 per month for the app. Users can also purchase unlimited access to both the app as well as the website for $34.99 per month.
8. Wash Post. The Wash Post app is free to download but also carries a $14.99 per month charge for unlimited access. Users can customize their homepage to only feature news they are interested in, and they can also save the articles they read.
9. NPR News. The NPR News app is a free app that features the broadcasts of National Public Radio. Users can access some of NPR’s most popular radio shows, and they can also stream episodes.
10. Flipboard. Flipboard might be the only app on the list most people have not heard of, but it is a great way for people, younger demographics in particular, to stay on top of the news. The news is presented in the format of digital magazines, and users can create their own magazine filled with news they want to read about. Users can also retrieve news from social media outlets such as Twitter and Facebook, and they can also subscribe to different blogs.