Spring is here and it is time to get in shape for bikini season. As women everywhere begin to buy their swimsuits to hit the beach this summer, they also worry about how they are going to get their bodies ready enough to be able to proudly wear those bikinis. Being in shape can give a woman the confidence she needs to proudly show off her body, but getting in shape is not easy, especially after a long winter of staying indoors and avoiding exercise. If you are having a hard time staying motivated enough to exercise and to get in shape, here are the top 10 apps that can help you work on your fitness, all of which are available from the App Store.
1.Six Pack Abs is a free app that features 20 abdominal strengthening exercises. Lifelike characters to show users how to properly perform the exercises in order to prevent injury perform the exercises in HD videos. Users can also choose a music playlist to workout to. The app has an upgraded version that features 50 exercises available for $4.99.
2. Johnson & Johnson Official 7 Minute Workout is a free app that features 36 exercises and 13 complete exercises. There is also a feature that allows users to customize their own 7 minute workouts, and they can select their workout playlists from their own music library.
3. StengthCalc Natty Edition is a free app for bodybuilders and those who vigorously life weights. It features routines for various types of lifting, as well as diet tips. Once users put in their weight, age, and other lifting specifications, the app will track the user’s progress.
4. Fitocracy Macros is a free app that can track your calorie intake. It can also calculate the amount of nutrients you take in from proteins, fats, and carbohydrates. Users can put in their body type and fitness goal, and the app will compute a diet strategy.
5. MapMyFitness is an app that features more than 600 predesigned exercises, but users can also design their own activity.
6. Gym PocketGuide is an app that creates daily training and workout schedules for users in order to meet their fitness goals whether they are trying to lose weight or build muscle tone. The app also features a collection of exercise descriptions and links to instructional videos.
7. Hot5 is a great app that helps users work on their abs and core through yoga and flexibility exercises. The app features short and simple instructional workout videos.
8. Pact: Earn Cash for Living Healthy is a great app for those looking for inspiration to workout. Users establish their exercise and diet goals for the week, and if they achieve their goals, they can earn cash from users who don’t meet their own goals. The app allows users to be motivated by both the prospect of earning money, as well as their target health goals.
9. FitJourney is a free app that allows users to track their weight and shape through photos. Users can also keep track of their workouts, and diets.
10. BMI Calculator is a free app that calculates users’ Body Mass Index (BMI) and establishes the BMI category (ie. underweight or obese). The app also gives users an idea as to where their BMI should be.