If you and your significant other enjoy watching movies, your date nights should reflect just that. To make the typical “movie-at-home” date night more enjoyable and memorable, here are 10 awesome date night ideas for movie lovers.
1. Go Back In Time: Chances are when you and your significant other first started dating, the two of you saw a movie that you both really enjoyed. For a great date night, go back in time and watch one of the first movies that the two of you saw together.
2. Couple’s Favorite: For a fun movie night, have the both of you pick out a favorite movie without telling each other. It will be fun to see what each other picks.
3. Movie Landmarks: Do a little bit of research on the area that you live in. You may be surprised to see that famous movies may have been filmed right around the corner! Take a day to go visit the areas where movies may have been filmed right in your city.
4. Movie Dress-Up: Dressing up doesn’t just have to occur on Halloween! The two of you can pick a movie that you enjoy and dress up as your favorite characters. Some movies that are easy to dress up to include Charlie and The Chocolate Factory, Napoleon Dynamite, and Bonnie and Clyde. This is a silly way for you two to have a little bit of extra fun during the movie.
5. Movie Marathon: This is more of a day-long date but it is just as exciting. Pick a movie series such as Star Wars or even Harry Potter and dedicate a day to watching the whole series. Not only will the two of you get to spend some extra time together but you also get to watch some of your favorite movies!
6. DIY Drive-In Theater: Finding a drive-in theater now-a-days is basically impossible but believe it or not you can create your own. All that you need is a portable DVD player or a laptop and a car! Pack up a couple blankets and snacks then drive off to a nice tranquil area and watch your movie on the device that you chose!
7. Acting Classes: The word “class” may scare some people off, but acting classes have actually proven to be really fun and can be a very enjoyable time between the two of you.
8. Theater Playing: Do a little browsing around and find a theater in your area and check their showings. A lot of the time there are theaters that play old classic movies on weekends or on special nights. This is a wonderful way for you two to get a night out on the town while seeing a classic movies rather than a new one or a cheese remake.
9. Backyard Movie: Watching movies in the comfort of your own living room can be boring sometimes so take it outside – Maybe even pitch a tint, make it fun. You can use a laptop, portable DVD player or even a projector to watch a good movie right in your backyard. This is a perfect date night for a cool summer night when the budget is a little tight.
10. Dinner & A Movie: Dinner and a movie is a classic and beloved date night for movie lovers. The two of you can pick your favorite restaurant to enjoy a meal and then head off to see the latest movie that is playing at your local theater.
How do you plan on spending your next movie night?