When you are single, you often desire to date. This is a natural occurrence and it is a good sign that you are ready to move on from the last relationship you were in. If you are wondering if you are ready to date you should ask yourself a few questions before you jump in with both feet.
1. Are you over your last relationship? This is the number one question you should ask yourself because if you are still harboring feelings for your ex you should not begin dating anyone else. You don’t want to hurt someone by trying to date when you are truly not over your ex so take some time and get past the old relationship. Heal from the hurt and learn what went wrong so you can move on to greater things.
2. Is dating something you really want to do? Are you being pushed by someone in your life to start dating again or is it something you want to do? This will determine if you end up finding a lasting relationship or if you just keep hurting those who are trying to love you.
3. Is it the right time for you to start dating? Do you honestly have time in your life to share with someone? We are all busy with our own lives, work, kids, and friends so you need to make sure you are not just going to lead someone on and make them think you will have a relationship when in truth, you really don’t have the time right now in your life.
4. Are you able to communicate effectively to those around you? If you are unable to communicate your emotions, wants, and needs than you are not ready to date. It would best serve you to spend some time working on yourself and making sure you are the best you can be and not drag someone along for the ride.
5. Do you have any emotional issues? Are you carrying around baggage from past relationships? If this sounds like you than you are not ready to date yet. You need to work through your emotions and let go of all of the hurt from the past. Otherwise you will find yourself making the new person in your life pay for all of the sins of your ex.
6. Do you have confidence? No one wants to date someone who lacks confidence. Men are over the “does this make me look fat” attitude and women don’t desire someone who always put themselves down. Each person wants someone who is full of confidence. Many people like the fake it to make it approach. If you fake self-confidence long enough, you will attain it.
If you find that you are dealing with any of the above mentioned situations, then it is not the right time for you to date. If on the other hand you can honestly tell yourself that none of these apply to you, you are ready. Get out there and start meeting people. Go on lots of dates and hopefully you will find someone who you will be happy with for the rest of your life.