Eat this – eat that. How many of us get to eat tasty as well as healthy food?
Treat your friends and family with healthy, tasty and nutritious dishes! Carrots are rich in Vitamin A that is good for eyes. Cooked carrots are easily digestible and the vitamins can be easily absorbed as well as retained by the body. Kids love carrots but what if you could include carrots in the daily diet and make your kids eat them in a more delicious form too. Children won’t run away from food anymore. Your children would love the carrots cooked at home. Your lunch or dinner will be complete with a healthy touch of carrots.
Carrots – ½ kg
Coconut – ½ piece
Cilantro – 25 gms
Green chillies – 2
Mustard seeds – 1 pinch
Cumin seeds – 1 pinch
Sugar – 1 pinch
Olive oil – 4 tablespoons
Salt to taste
- 1. Wash the carrots, peel them and cut them into small pieces.
- 2. Cut half a raw coconut into pieces and grind them with very little water.
- 3. Heat a pan, with oil; add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, sliced chilly pieces and cilantro.
- 4. Take carrot pieces, add them in pan, and cover with a lid for 5 minutes.
- 5. Check if the carrot is soft, then add salt to taste and the ground/ shredded coconut, and a pinch of sugar.
- 6. Turn off the heat after a minute.
Serve the carrot curry with tortillas or rice. It tastes deliciously healthy. Adults and kids can eat, enjoy and nourish the diets well with the low-calorie/high-nutrition carrot curry.