I’ve lost 100 pounds and I am ready to party! Before I lost weight, that would have meant wining and dining–counter-productive now. But accomplishments deserve rewards. Here are non-food alternatives; being a tightwad, I’ve listed inexpensive rewards.
* Shoes. I’m not one of those “will work for shoes” gals. But I gotta admit, new footwear has a certain appeal. Check Shoe Carnival for great deals–I got two pairs of boots (heeled and flat) for $25!
* Travel. I know, I promised inexpensive. So maybe our Italian vacay waits. But we can still enjoy weekend getaways and day-tripping! Husband and I recommend Hawthorn Suites by Wyndam for best prices and most amenities.
* New jeans (shorts, pants). Along with lost weight, I dropped nine sizes. So I have to reoutfit, right? And how sweet it is to be able to wear cute, hipster styles like I got at Delia’s instead of frumpy fat clothes!
* Spa accessories. I bought a heated, massaging foot bath for $30 and spa kit for $18 with coupons from Bed, Bath and Beyond.
* Mani/pedi. You don’t have to pay for these services. Get your significant other to do your nails and toenails–lots of romance for dollar bottle of nail polish. Or have a girls night out and do nails!
* Massage.You can have a family member do it, but here’s where I’d splurge on a professional masseur/masseuse.
* Little black (red, purple, fractal) dress. When I was fat, I avoided slinky dresses like poison ivy. Now I love dressing up. TJMaxx is my go-to source.
* Tickets to a show. Now wear said slinky gown out on the town! My husband and I take in opera and Broadway musicals. Or cheaper yet, outdoor summer concerts. Don’t forget your cute new heels. So you’re overdressed? Embrace every chance to show off your new self!
* Used bookstore explore (with spending money). Hunt up your local lending library’s used book rack. Or visit Barnes & Noble’s clearance and sale aisles. Grab a cup of Joe, a comfy chair and enjoy!
* New iPod playlist (CD, DVD) Treat yourself to new tunes or a selection of old favorites. Hit the flea market for a movie shelf upgrade.
* Sports equipment, game, gym membership. I reward myself with more yoga classes and yard games to play with the family.
So you haven’t lost all the weight? Celebrate your progress. A little pampering goes a long way.