Finally, the day of graduation. It is the day of your freedom. Well, in some way. You will have time to rest and enjoy the vacations. Then you will have to prepare mentally for the challenges that you will face in college. We will discuss about the things you should do in college, the things you shouldn’t do and tips to be a better student.
Things you should do in college
- 1) You should go to the orientation week. This week is very important, because you will have the opportunity to familiarize with the campus.
- 2) You should be money-wise. In college it is very important to use money wisely, because you will have to pay for the classes, the books, apartment, and food and for the occasionally go out with your friends.
- 3) You should assist to class always. This isn’t school, teachers can give you a break, but university professors not. You should always go to class if you want to pass.
Things you shouldn’t do in college
- 1) Don’t hand out your homework or project late. This is an automatic zero or F.
- 2) Don’t party hard the night before a test. If you party hard the night before a test, then you probably will have a hangover and you will not get the rest necessary for the test.
- 3) You shouldn’t cheat on a test. If you get caught then you will have an automatically F and you could be expel for campus.
- 1) Review the notebook and the book each day and you will not have to study a lot the night before the test. This is a no-brainer. This is very important, because you will be alert in class and the class will be less boring.
- 2) Use mnemonics. A mnemonic is any learning technique that aids information retention. For example SWOT Analysis is the same as Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats.
- 3) Highlight in the book the things that the professor empathizes. Is 95% sure that the professor will include in the test what he empathizes the most.
There you have it. The dos, don’ts and study tips to get ready for college. You should be happy that you will go to college, because it’s an important aspect of our lives. It will define, the job you will have, some of the friends you will have and maybe your spouse.