Tap water is not safe to shower in. It contains chlorine, fluoride, and other toxins. These are all meant to kill bacteria and keep the water safe for human use. However, they are also toxic to the biology of human beings. Therefore you must have a filter if you are going to bathe in this water.
Shower Filters Main Criteria
- 1. The main purpose is to remove chlorine. All filters consist of carbon filtration media that is replaced from 6 to 15 months.
- 2. The secondary purpose would be to remove other toxins such as fluoride and other toxic heavy metals, and sediment. For those people that have a larger budget; be sure to get these additional features.
- 3. A third purpose -which may not be on your list- is to structure the water as it is found in nature, which means there is a natural geometric structure to the water molecules. This makes the water easier to absorb through your cells when you drink it
Four Options for Shower Filters
- 1. Sprite Filters- The ultimate bargain basement of shower filters. A must have for those on a budget, who just want the chlorine out.
- 2. Dr. Mercola’s Pure and Clear Shower Filter- It removes chlorine and other toxins in the water.
- 3. Fred Van Liew’s Ewater Revitalizing Shower Filters- It filters the water extremely well, and it goes well beyond basic filtration. It uses bone char to remove fluoride, and it actually structures the water.
- 4. Super Shower Structured Water Unit- This structures the water so that the chlorine, toxic metals, and other stuff are rendered harmless. It never needs anything replaced. Read the FAQ for more information.
Product to Product Comparison Listing
- · About $40.00 for new filter
- · Good cheap travel filter
- · Replacements under $20.00
- · Lasts for 6 months
- · Prevents dry sky and damaged hair
- · Reduces chlorine odor, dirt, and sediment
- · Only filters chlorine
- · Comes in white, gold, and chrome
- Dr. Mercola’s Pure and Clear Shower Filter
- 2 stage filtration- stage 1 removes chlorine, stage 2 removes synthetic chemicals, THMS (BDPs), and VOCs
- · Replacements are $52.00
- · You must replace every 6 months
- · $86.00 for new filter
- Fred Van Liew’s Ewater Filter
- · Replace after 15 months
- · Replacements for $107
- · $170 for new filter
- · 6 month money back guarantee
- · Structures the water
- · Magnetizes
- · Polarizes
- · Micro clusters
- · Uses far infrared to enhance water
- · Reduces chlorine, chemicals, metals (i.e. lead)
- · Reduces radion and common water contaminants
- Super Shower Structured Water Unit
- · $349 for new filter
- · Never needs a replacement
- · Structures the water as if it came out of a water fall