Coffee drinking is a morning ritual for many Americans. The boost from the coffee helps wake us up and prepares us for the day ahead. For most, this classic beverage provides a sense of relaxation and calm that nothing else can deliver
The fresh aroma of a gourmet coffee blend is enticing and soothing, so it’s unsurprising that coffee drinkers number in to the millions on a worldwide scale. Perhaps you have wondered where everything began or when the first coffee was developed? For all of these who enjoy this beverage, from latte sippers to five-cup-a-day time guzzlers, here are a few amazing facts you almost certainly didn’t know about that grand mug of joe.
Fun Coffee Facts
- People in NY drink seven times more coffee compared to the national typical. Lending credit to their fast paced, hectic lifestyles, those living in NYC consume more coffee than anyone else in the country. In case you are considering starting an espresso chain, this is actually the place to take action (though bear in mind your competition will be fierce)!
- Stop drinking at 99 cups, due to the fact that the last 1 will destroy you. We dare to get anyone who is able to consume 100 glasses of coffee in a single sitting, someone must have at some point. This has been deemed the fatal dose for the average sized man or woman; to much coffee will lead to heart failure.
- Cream got its start in 1600. A French doctor informed his patients to start out drinking latte, or espresso with milk, to greatly reduce their ailments. This is the combination of choice for many people today, but there still is a large amount of black espresso lovers.
- Voltaire drank 50+ cups a day. The popular French philosopher obviously had a like for coffee (you can argue this assisted his innovative works), as one morning cup obviously was not doing the trick.
- The ancient Arabs took coffee seriously – so seriously that a wife could only divorce her husband if he didn’t give her plenty of coffee. It might sound crazy, but everybody knows the risks of espresso withdrawals!
- Being a barista is really a reputable occupation within Italy. The common age for coffee house personnel in the U.S. is half that of these in Italy. There you will discover middle-aged women and men who take excellent pride within their function (and that are deemed extremely admirable).
Hopefully these facts make you enjoy your gourmet coffee a little bit more. People who refrain from drinking this tasty beverage just do not get it!