As a Christian, I have a very strong spiritual life and am constantly trying to improve myself in the areas of personal and spiritual development. One of the keys, for me, in doing this is through daily Bible reading. As an extremely busy writer though with a very heavy workload, this has proven to be challenging at times. However, I have found a way to be consistent in this area through the use of technology. Here are five apps that will help you increase your daily Bible reading.
- YouVersion. This one is my absolute favorite. The developers have made it possible for you to use it on a smartphone, a tablet, or a computer. There’s a version for just about every handheld device out there. YouVersion has even improved over the years in that it now offers a social networking capability to the app. You can invite friends and together you can share the insights that you have gained in your reading during that day along with notes, highlights, and bookmarks. It is very encouraging and motivating to exchange these kinds of ideas with like-minded people.
- Bible Gateway. Bible Gateway has been around for a very long time. From different versions of the Bible to reading plans to scholarly commentary, everything that you could need or want to study the Word of God is here.
- Glo Bible. This is one that I have never heard of before today. It has all kinds of interactive multimedia capability and a beautiful layout and design. It is available for both iOS devices and the PC. The deal killer for me though is that it is not available for Android users.
- Daily Bible. In the interest of being fair, since the above app is only available for iOS, I am presenting this particular one because it is exclusive to Android so far. Very simple in design, it offers the Bible in the King James version and is indexed for topical study.
- Logos Bible. This one is a veritable powerhouse for serious students of the Word. Equipped with multiple versions of the Bible, maps, scholarly commentary, and social networking capabilities, this one is hard to beat. Available on iOS, Android, Kindle Fire, and the Web.
With all of the technology available to us today, there is no reason why any believer should not be able to get in a daily dose of the Word. God has blessed us to live in a time in this country where everyone has free access to the scriptures, and this is not a gift that should be taken lightly.
Download one of these apps today and enjoy studying at home, away, at church, or anywhere that you can sit down, get still, and receive the written Word of God.