Here are the best of the best when it comes to Italian in Sacramento and the surrounding areas. Each of them has their own style and each of them is wonderful from the food to the staff. Give them a try. You won’t be sorry.
- IL Fornaio Restaurant and Bakery– 400 Capitol Mall Sacramento, CA 95814 (916) 446-4100-This beautiful restaurant is located inside the Wells Fargo Building. The food here is nothing short of amazing with fresh bread that is made daily. If you really like it, buy a loaf to take with you. First time customers will get two complimentary loaves to enjoy at home. It is a gentle reminder of not only where you got it but to also encourage your return. Reservations are highly recommended. You may want to inquire about the dress code; they can be strict on their dress policy. It is truly a meal that will leave you awaiting your next return; I can personally say that my reservation is approaching.
- Taste of Tuscany– 7753 Roseville Rd, Sacramento, CA 95842 – (916) 727-7055 Open Daily; 11:00am – 9:00pm. They create a causal dining atmosphere that offers everything from pasta to salads. Much to my amazement, they even offered pizza. I would have to personally recommend the breadsticks. Everything was perfectly seasoned and delicious. It was rather nice to see the owner walking around and talking with the customers about their meals.
- Paesanos– 1806 Capitol Ave. Sacramento, CA 95811 (916)447-8646 – Open Daily, please call for specific hours and specials. The food was well worth our trip into mid-town. The wait staff knew the menu and was able to explain exactly what was in each dish as well as how it was made. The atmosphere and appearance is calm and inviting with a full bar.
- Biba Restaurant– 2801 Capitol Ave, Sacramento, CA 95816- (916) 455-2422-They are open Monday – Thurs – 5:30pm – 9:00pm and Friday – Saturday – 5:30pm – 10:00pm. They are closed on Sunday. Food here is fantastic overall but a bit pricey. The décor is very old and can use a face-lift but don’t let the appearance distract you from the mouth watering meal options. there are far too many must haves for me to be able to pick just one. Reservations must be made well in advance to ensure a table. One of the best things about Biba’s is the menu changes with the seasons. It is an inviting way to offer the freshest of ingredients and ensure return customers.
- Buca Di Beppo– 1249 Howe Ave, Sacramento, CA 95825-(916) 922-6671-Business hours are Monday – Thurs – 11:00am – 10:00pm, Friday – Sat – 11:00am – 11:00pm and Sunday – 11:00am – 9:00pm. Buca is a staple in Sacramento and has been for many years. The food is excellent and the portions are enormous. You will be sure to have a doggie bag to snack on at home. The wait staff is wonderful, knowledgeable and understanding to any dietary needs and substitutions. They are a must try for any occasion.
Dining out in the Sacramento area offers a wide variety of choices but I prefer these choices during my visits back home. Perhaps you have been to one and can offer your input.