Almost everyone has experienced a bee sting. It is very painful and causes swelling. It usually occurs during the spring or summer months.
A bee sting can cause different reactions. It may cause pain, discomfort, or a severe, allergic reaction. It depends on the immune system of the individual bitten. Most of the time, the symptoms subside, after a few hours.
A bee sting can be treated, using simple home remedies. Home remedies will soothe the pain, swelling, and inflammation. Here are a few great remedies below:
A cold pack decreases the diameter of your blood vessels. This prevents the venom from freely flowing through your blood stream. It also helps soothe pain and itching.
1. Take out the stinger with tweezers.
2. Then, wash the affected area.
3. Wrap some ice in a thin washcloth.
4. Apply the washcloth to the affected site.
5. Hold it for about 10 minutes. Add more ice, if it melts.
6. Give it a break, for at least 10 minutes. Then, apply again.
7. Repeat this, every 5 hours.
The plantain leaf is an excellent remedy for a bee sting. It grows in most yards, roadsides, and grassy fields. Plantain leaf reduces swelling, pain, and itching. It also helps to heal wounds and prevents infection.
1. Wash the plantain leaf and chew it. Avoid swallowing it.
2. Apply the chewed plantain to the affected area.
3. Repeat this daily, until it begins to heal.
It gets rid of the symptoms of a bee sting, such as pain. Toothpastes dries out the venom. It also neutralizes the acid, left by bee venom.
1. Apply a small amount of toothpaste at the site. It will feel cool at the beginning. Then after a while, it will soothe the pain.
2. Repeat this, every 4 hours.
Baking soda helps to neutralize the sting. It also relieves the pain, inflammation, and swelling.
1. Mix a cup of baking soda with water, until it turns into a paste.
2. Apply this paste on the affected site.
3. Let it dry, for a few minutes.
4. Repeat this 4 times a day.
Rapid Home Remedies. 20 Soothing Home Remedies For Bee Sting. http://www.rapidhomeremedies.com/remedies-for-bee-sting.html
Wikihow. How To Treat A Bee Sting.
Mother Earth Living. Natural Home Remedies For Bee Stings. Author: Susan Melgren.
Vegetable Gardener. 12 Natural Bee Sting Remedies. Author: Chris McLaughlin.
About.com. Bee Sting Herbal Remedy. Author: Phylameana Lila Desy.