“The best way to predict the future is to create it” – Peter Drucker.
While most of us are far from being a successful seer like Nostradamus , one constant remains certain in life – death. As the days progress, the sand in the hourglass of life continues to trickle. Sooner, or later, everyone runs out of time because the gift of life also comes with an expiration date.
We don’t have to be a prophet to know that our demise is inevitable. More disturbingly, even though most are aware of this fact of life, not everyone has taken the necessary time to protect their assets and create a secured future for their loved ones even long after they’ve passed.
Plus, what would happen if you got incapacitated for any reason? Rather than leave your dying wishes to strangers, it’s best to list what you want to happen to your estate should you become incapacitated, or die, for any reason. To do so effectively, requires that you setup not only a will and trust but also a power of attorney for health and financial reasons. Although this might sound intimidating, asset protection is not difficult at all and with a little work and the right planning, your dying wishes can be fulfilled.
Instead of going through the sole purpose of each document, I would prefer to direct you to a great online program from Suze Orman that’ll not only explain what each document entails but also help you generate these essential documents as well. Typically, this kit cost $29.95 (USD) on her website which is inexpensive compared the thousands of dollars you would have spent for probate and to get these documents generated by a professional estate attorney.
For a limited time, you can get the entire kit FREE courtesy of Suze. Just visit this link and enter the following gift code: “people first.” Once entered, it’ll provide you with an activation code and you’ll just need to follow the instructions to complete all documents.
Within this online program, you’ll get the following:
- Revocable Trust
- Financial Power of Attorney
- Durable Power of Attorney for Healthcare
You’ll get access to over 50 forms that cover practically every aspect of your financial life. In this Internet program, you’ll find:
- An easy-to-answer questionnaire that will automatically select the correct must-have
documents for you
- Audio and visual explanations taking you paragraph by paragraph through the four must-have documents
- 10 electronic guidebooks, that cover all aspects of your financial life
- Free automatic updates, so your documents will always be current
It’s like having your own financial planner and personal trust attorney at your fingertips!
- Personalize – Fill in questionnaire, and the program will automatically select and populate the documents to fit your unique situation.
- Print – Listen to or read a step-by-step explanation of what you need to know. Then print out the relevant documents.
- Protect – To complete the process, follow the instructions that print out with your documents. (In some cases, forms will need to be witnessed and notarized.) Then store them in a safe place.
Manage An Estate
Also included is a Manage an Estate tool which creates a personalized plan to help guide you through the process of managing an estate. Whether it is your estate or you are appointed to help with someone else’s, use this tool to get information and advice such as: what should you do in case of death or incapacitated, what discussions you need to have and how to get organized, as well as any additional documents or forms you may need.
As Benjamin Franklin wisely stated, “by failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.” Don’t lose your assets because of improper planning – protect yourself and your loved ones today!