Here’s a simple menu reporting the amount and percentage of proteins, carbohydrates, and fats for a ketogenic Paleo diet based on what and what not to eat.
For those who follow a regime of this kind, rich in fat (for whatever reason), and fasting occasionally is usually natural and very simple thanks to the state of ketosis. However, fasting is neither mandatory nor required by this type of diet.
- Wild salmon (50 grams)
- Macadamia nuts (10-12 walnuts)
- Fresh cranberries (50 grams)
- Sardines in olive oil (90 grams)
- Boiled broccoli (100 grams) and then stir-fried with ghee (30 grams), salt, bacon (40 grams) and pine (30, 5.5 grams)
- Roast chicken (120 grams)
- Salad with lettuce (at will), cucumbers (60 grams), celery (50 grams), olive oil (3 tablespoons) and salt
Total Calories: 1780 kcal Protein: 19.2% (84 grams) Carbohydrates: 5.5% (23.3 grams) Fat: 75.3% (151.3 grams)
- Mackerel in olive oil (60 grams)
- Almonds (10-12)
- Fresh raspberries (50 grams)
- Cod (140 grams) cooked in coconut oil (2 tablespoons)
- Salad with tomatoes (100 grams) and valerian (at will), seasoned with olive oil (3 tablespoons).
- Rabbit stew (130 grams) with fried rosemary, garlic and ghee (15 grams)
- Asparagus (75 grams) boiled and stir-fried with ghee (15 grams).
Total Calories: 1626 kcal Protein: 19.9% (77.7 grams) Carbohydrates: 3.6% (16 grams) Fat: 76.4% (141 grams)
- Tuna (80 grams) canned in olive oil
- Brazilian nuts (6 walnuts)
- Fresh blackberries (50 grams)
- Fillets of Plaice (140 grams) cooked in coconut oil (2 tablespoons)
- Salad with endive (50 grams), leeks (30 grams) and avocado (40 grams) seasoned with lemon juice (1 tbsp), olive oil (2 tablespoons), and salt
- Slices of beef (130 grams) cooked in olive oil (2 tablespoons)
- Button mushrooms (80 grams), with fried ghee (20 grams), and garlic, blended with white wine with salt, pepper, and parsley.
Total Calories: 1654 kcal Protein: 18.5% (75.5 grams) Carbohydrates: 3.4% (15.1 grams) Fat: 78% (147 grams)
- Scrambled Eggs (2) cooked in ghee (15 grams)
- Raw spinach (at will) with lemon, salt, and olive oil (1 tablespoon)
- Sole (130 grams) cooked in coconut oil (2 tablespoons)
- Radicchio salad (at will) with tomatoes (35 grams), and olives (30 grams, 10 olives) topped with olive oil (2 tablespoons), salt, and pepper.
- Slices of pork (130 grams) in a pan with olive oil (1 tablespoon)
- Brussels sprouts (60 grams) cooked in a pan with ghee (15 grams) and bacon (30 grams).
Total Calories: 1857 kcal Protein: 17.4% (77.6 grams) Carbohydrates: 2.2% (11 grams) Fat: 80.4% (168.3 grams)
- Hard-boiled eggs (2) and avocado (30 grams) seasoned with lemon juice and olive oil (1 tablespoon)
- Blueberry smoothie (30 grams), raspberries (30 grams), and coconut milk (2 tablespoons)
- Baked sea bass (120 grams) with the addition of raw olive oil (1 tbsp).
- Arugula salad (at will), tomatoes (50 grams), celery (30 grams) and nuts (5), with olive oil (2 tablespoons), salt, and balsamic vinegar.
- Boar (130 grams) stew cooked in fried rosemary, sage, carrots, celery, garlic, and ghee (20 grams).
- Salad of lettuce (at will) and Daikon (50 grams) seasoned with salt and olive oil (2 tablespoons).
Total Calories: 1702 kcal Protein: 20.7% (83.5 grams) Carbohydrates: 4.4% (20.1 grams) Fat: 74.9% (144.9 grams)
- Salad with bacon (20 grams) fresh fennel (50 grams) walnuts (30 grams, 7 nuts) and olives (5) with salt, lemon, and olive oil (1 tablespoon).
- Coffee (no sugar)
- Salad with shrimp (100 grams), tomatoes (100 grams), anchovies (40 grams), avocado (60 grams), basil, pepper and olive oil (2 tablespoons).
- Roast Lamb (140 grams)
- Stewed artichokes (60 grams) boiled and sautéed in ghee (10 grams)
Total Calories: 1553 kcal Protein: 23.1% (86.8 grams) Carbohydrates: 6.3% (26.2 grams) Fat: 70.6% (124.8 grams)
- Omelette (3 eggs) with zucchini (80 ounces) cooked in ghee (20 grams)
- Macadamia nuts (walnuts 10-12)
- Green tea (no sugar)
- Fillets of perch (130 grams) cooked in coconut oil (2 tablespoons)
- Spinach (130 grams) stir-fried with garlic and ghee (15 grams).
- Roast Duck (140 grams)
- Onions (80 grams) sweet and sour with balsamic vinegar and ghee (20 grams)
Total Calories: 1696 kcal Protein: 13.2% (54.9 grams) Carbohydrates: 4.1% (18 grams) Fat: 82.7% (158.5 grams)
Fruits and diets low in carbohydrates
As you may have noticed, very little fruits and berries are included, although, in view of a ketogenic Paleo diet, intake up to 50 grams of carbohydrates can be considered, however, the addition of fruits (more or less sugar) engender an insulin spike which is what you usually want to avoid with a low-carb diet. This does not exclude all the fruit forever, but limit it to only certain days, perhaps for post-workout meals or “special” occasions.
Calories and macro-nutrients were calculated using CRON-O-Meter. These are as accurate as possible, however there may be discrepancies depending on the time, temperature, and cooking mode.
Disclaimer: The information on this page is not limited to the result of personal research and experience. They cannot count as a prescription and must be endorsed by your doctor to consider your health status.