Fiamma Felitch, 24-year-old, is currently playing on the Cactus Tour and the Symetra Tour. Felitch will be debuting her talents to the world when Big Break Florida premiers.
1. How did you get your start playing golf?
My dad had me start playing golf when I was four-year-old. He cut down a club for me & had me chipping in the back yard. When I started hitting it over the fence he took me to the driving range& then I got hooked & started playing all the time.
2. Did you have any interests in any other sports at a young age?
I had interest in a lot of sports. I played soccer, danced, did cheerleading, softball, almost everything you could think of. When I got to high school it was hard to juggle multiple sports. I was better at golf than anything so I stuck with playing in golf tournaments. It took up most of my time.
3. What do you consider the most polished aspect of your golf game?
The most polished aspect of my game is probably my short game.
4. What has been your favorite moment playing on the LPGA’s Symetra Tour?
My favorite moment playing on the LPGA Symetra tour is probably making a hole-in-one in Mexico!
5. Tell us what a typical day in the life of Fiamma Felitch is like.
A typical day in my life, well I wake up and eat haha. Then I go to the course. I practice or play for about 5 or 6 hours. Get a big gulp from 7-11 (addicted to diet Dr Pepper) it’s a daily thing. I will go workout with my trainer for a bit & do some cardio. If I’m not exhausted maybe go to a movie or do something relaxing with friends. Nothing too exciting during season I’m pretty tired from practicing & training.
6. What is your go to golf ball and why?
Bridgestone. My dad recommended them & I love them. I don’t have an extremely fast swing speed so they are good for me & the compression from my swing.
7. What is your overall dream with golf, and how do you plan on obtaining it?
My dream with golf is to make it to the LPGA. I’m trying to play in as many tournaments & get the experience I need to make it all the way through Q-school. I plan to continue working hard & to enjoy every step of the way.
8. You played college golf at the University of Tulsa, what was your major?
Exercise Sports Science
9. Golf has been struggling to bring in new viewers, what is one thing you would say to people to get them to watch and play the game?
The game of golf is changing. More girls are starting to play at a younger age & realizing all of the opportunities golf offers. Plus, the girls are getting cuter:) & better that’s enough reason to watch!
10. Who has been the most memorable person to play golf with when it comes to playing in a Pro-Am and why?
There isn’t one person that sticks out. I have been blessed playing with great genuine people who love golf & the opportunity to play with us girls.
11. What is the best piece of advice you would give a new golfer who was starting to play the game?
To just be patient, golf is a sport that takes years & years to learn. I’ve been playing the game at a more serious level for 10 years & I still have rounds where I wonder what I’m doing! Haha
12. Let’s talk about your fashion on the golf course, how would you describe it?
I love bright colors & anything sparkly! Skorts are my favorite with a little ruffle in them.
13. How would your fellow Cactus Tour golfers describe you in three words?
Outgoing, goofy, fun
14. Have you ever been star struck by a golfer that you have met? If not, who would it be?
It would definitely be Adam Scott. That man makes for some good eye candy.
15. Let’s talk workouts, what do you do to stay in shape?
I workout about six days a week & do a hour of cardio every day. I workout Tuesdays & Fridays with my trainer Scott Do. I also like to do hot yoga or kick boxing!
16. How do you want to be remembered as a golfer?
I want to be remembered as the girl who always smiles no matter how I’m playing. Life is too short not to be happy especially when you are spending it on the golf course.
17. If we were to look at your top three songs played on your iPod, what would they be?
Pour it up- Rihanna
Mirrors- Justin Timberlake
Started From The Bottom-Drake
18. If we raided your fridge right now, what would we find?
Well I’m at a golf tournament in a hotel so not a whole lot. Strawberries, apples, tangerines, vitamin water zero, almond milk.