Saving money doesn’t have to involve you giving up your crucial morning cup of coffee, in fact it can actually be quite painless. Believe it or not, there are many different ways that you can easily come up with a decent amount of cash by using new techniques to earn money and save it too. Keep reading to find out 12 ways that you can come up with $2,000!
1. Unplug all of your devices… About ten percent of electricity bills are for things that are not even turned on, like that laptop that’s plugged in 24/7 on your desk or that fan that’s taking up an outlet but is never turned on. Unplug all of these gadgets and watch how quickly your electricity bill begins to shrink.
2. Start a $5 jar… We all know how quick change adds up so just imagine how quick five dollar bills will! Anytime you notice a $5 bill in your wallet, toss it in a hidden jar and you will have $100 before you know it!
3. Cater your phone plan… If your phone plan includes features that you never use, why pay for them? People who don’t tend to talk on the phone much shouldn’t have to pay for unlimited minutes. Also, choose Wi-Fi over 3G whenever you possibly can as it will drastically lower your data usage.
4. Don’t spend on water… Buying a water bottle every day may not sound like a bad idea at the time but that can cost you an extra $30 per week. A reusable water bottle filled with tap water is equally healthy and won’t cost you a penny.
5. Plan your shopping… People think taking trips every day to the grocery store is harmless, but there have been studies that show you will end up spending hundreds of dollars more a month than you wanted to. To avoid this from happening, create a shopping list and head to the store only once per week.
6. Sell your old things… We all have an old phone or two collecting dust in our junk drawer, why let them go to waste? There are several sites online that will buy used electronics. You could easily get more than $100 for a used iPhone 4.
7. Cut back on cable… The average person in the United States spends a whopping $900 a year on their cable service. Cut this in half by opting to remove movie channels that cost extra fees and turning it off while on vacation.
8. Bundle your services… Many cable companies offer packages that bundle together home phone service, internet and cable. Even if you don’t plan on using your home phone, it will still cost less than paying for cable and internet alone.
9. Ditch ATM fees… ATM’s located in gas station and malls can charge up to $3 just to take money out. If you plan on going shopping, be sure to take cash out at the bank beforehand to avoid unnecessary ATM fees.
10. Book ahead… Next time you have a night out on the town planned, book ahead online with the help of sites that pay you to book through them!
11. Keep your fridge at a steady temperature… People think lowering their fridge and freezer temperatures will save them money but this is far from true. Instead, you should raise the temperature of both by five degrees and you will save $50 per year. Be sure to keep the temperature below 40 degrees to keep food fresh.
12. Take advantage of your savings… When opting to save money, place it in a high-yield savings account. Many banks offer one percent annual interest which equals out to about ten dollars for every thousand saved.
Follow these tips and you will have $2,000 saved up before you know it! What do you plan on using with your $2,000 dollars?