Curls flatter all hair colors, types and even length, but curling your hair with an iron can cause great damage. Luckily, you don’t need heat to curl your hair! Continue reading to discover 10 ways you can curl your hair without heat.
1) Curlers: Of course, store bought curlers are an excellent way to curl your hair. They are typically inexpensive and easy to use. You can leave them in your hair for a couple of hours or overnight for better results.
2) Braids: To get gorgeous waves in your hair all that you need to do is braid your hair and fall asleep! When you wake up in the morning, release your hair from the braid and you will see very loose and textured curls in your hair.
3) The Sock Bun Method: Sock buns aren’t just a great hairstyle, but they are also an easy way to curl your hair without heat. After leaving your hair in a sock bun for a full day, remove the suck and prepare for big, bouncy curls.
4) Wet Hair Bun: After showering for the night, take your damp hair and put it into a tight bun on top of your head and sleep with it there. When you awake in the morning and take out the bun you will have tons of curls in your hair that will look just like you spent hours with a curling iron.
5) Cocoon Curls: Cocoon curls are quick and easy! Once your hair has dried after showering, use your finger to twist your hair and then tie the ends into place. Do this to all sections of the hair and leave it overnight or until the hair is dry. Once the hair is dry you can release your cocoons to reveal jaw dropping curls.
6) Rag-Braid: As weird as it may sound, incorporating a damp rag into your braid will create bigger and more full curls compared to using the normal braid method.
7) Headband Method: For this method you will need to wrap a tight elastic headband around your head. Once this has been done proceed to wrap each piece of hair around the headband and spray with hairspray. After a few hours, remove the headband and bouncy curls will be released.
8) Foam Rollers: Foam rollers are sort of like curlers but instead of wrapping your hair around it, the roller is wrapped around your hair in a twisted fashion. These provide much better curls and are much more comfortable to sleep in.
9) Salt Water Mixture: If you haven’t noticed, after going to the beach your hair has a very nice curl to it. To get this look without going to the beach simply combine one part salt and one part water, apply it to the hair, tousle it around and wallah! Homemade beach waves!
10) The Bobby Pin Method: The bobby pin method is by far one of the most effective methods in curling hair, it is also one of the most simple. To curl your hair with just a bobby pin, twist your hair up to the scalp and keep in place with a bobby pin and there you have it, an easy and effective way to curl your hair without a curling iron.
These inexpensive and simple techniques allow you to curl your hair without the worry of damaging heat tools. Next time you’re planning a night out on the town or even a job interview, be sure to keep these hair curling methods in mind.