Gift-giving doesn’t have to be a one-sided exchange. If you’re looking for gifts to give that make a difference, here are ten products from intentional companies working to make the world a better place.
1. A Water for People Double Wall Glass Bottle (Artist Bottle) – A whole 50% of the proceeds from this purchase will go directly toward clean water provision through Water for People .
2. The Hope Blooms bracelet from Fashion and Compassion is an adorable and sturdy piece hand-shaped and dyed in Ecuador. This bracelet provides hope for women who have escaped, and are now overcoming, exploitation.
3. Charity Pot hand and body lotion from Lush Fresh Handmade Cosmetics is an amazing gift idea because every penny of the proceeds goes to support global charity groups. Made with fine ingredients like Fair Trade organic cocoa butter and Ylang Ylang Oil, any women would be thrilled to receive this gift from such a generous company.
4. The beautiful Obakki OF Signature Scarf in Oxblood is not only fashionable but charitable as well. With every 500 scarves sold, a new well is drilled in South Sudan to provide water in areas where it is most needed.
5. Rainboots will bring a smile to anyone’s face, especially these bright colored beauties from Roma Boots. Additionally, Roma Boots gives one pair of boots to a child in need with every purchase as well as donating 10% of sales to fight child poverty.
6. A Glass Knot Paperweight from West Elm makes a lovely gift to brighten anyone’s desktop. The great thing about these beautiful, hand-blown pieces of art is that $5 of each sale is donated to St. Jude Children’s Hospital.
7. A handcrafted Copabu Wooden Bowl from Indego Africa would make a stunning addition to any table. The wonderful thing about purchasing goods from Indego Africa is that all proceeds go directly back into the community to fund educational programs for the women who craft their products.
8. An Organic Cotton Make-Up Bag or Tote from Raven + Lily is the perfect place for her to store all her beautification gear. Raven + Lily is passionate about ethical design and fair trade wages. Their mission to alleviate poverty for women around the world is one you can feel good about supporting.
9. The Etana Necklace from Bead for Life is colorful and versatile. It can double as a belt, and it’s creative design will inspire. Bead for Life is a non-profit and Fair Trade organization fighting the extreme poverty present in Uganda.
10. Jatalo’s Solid Classic Backpack is a bag for any occasion. With front pockets, suede accents, and an inside zipper to keep everything in place, this backpack is sure to please. This company is doing amazing work by donating a year’s worth of textbooks to a child in need with the purchase of every bag. That’s a company worth supporting.
More About Conscious Consuming From Lori:
10 Gifts that Give Back for Children
10 Gifts that Give Back for Tweens and Teens
10 Gifts that Give Back for the Men in Your Life